My boys DIY Colorado Elk Adventures Nominated...

Triple C

Appreciate the support guys!

Here's a few pics from their adventures out west over the years staring with youngest son's 1st elk around 2006, plus other game taken on western trips.
2006 Brooks elk.jpg

2009 Brooks.jpg

2009 Dustin glassing.jpg

2009 Brooks tend.jpg

2009 Brooks n Dustin.jpg

2009 lake view.jpg

2010 Brooks Muley.jpg

2014 Javelina.jpg

2016 Dustin's bull.jpg

2016 Brooks n buddies elk.jpg

2017 Brooks Elk.jpg

2017 walking out.jpg

2009 Dustin's tent.jpg

Attachments

• 2012 Brooks solo elk.jpg
    2012 Brooks solo elk.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 512

Slowmow24

Definitely got my vote. I myself I have been trying to plan a trip like that here very soon. That was a great video too. I shared it on my FB page as well. Hopefully that will get up to be the winner.

Triple C

Much appreciated guys! I always dreamed of doing what they've done when I was much younger but raising kids and family life just never allowed me to do it. Youngest son never married and planned his year around his treks out west, Canada and Alaska each fall. Canada and Alaska were guided hunts. Most of his elk and muley trips have been solo, wilderness experiences. Oldest son has been fortunate to have joined him the past 2 or 3 years but family life prevents going every year. Interesting enough, it's a pretty cheap hunt. Many years, youngest son has driven out, bought over the counter archery tag and then parked at trail head for his adventures.

The documentary in the making was the good fortune of the videographer being a good friend on my oldest son. He wanted to go out west and after the 1st trip got hooked. I honestly had no idea how good he was until I saw the first clip he put together. Kinda blew me away on the quality. At the end of the day, they will have something that their grandkids can look at years from now and follow in their footsteps.

It's always a treat when we get together after their trip and sit around the campfire reliving their experience.

Interesting story behind them wearing KUIU. If you look at the early pics, they wore basically what we wear down south to hunt...cotton, wool n polyester. Extreme changes in temps from 70s during the day to sub-freezing at night during the course of their hunt caused them to upgrade to hi tech fabrics that were lightweight and durable. Keep in mind that everything they carry in is on their back so nothing gets packed in that is not absolutely necessary. They always end up at tree line glassing for elk which is often pushing 12,000 feet. They say you have never experienced a thunderstorm until you've spiked out at tree line in the middle of a severe thunderstorm. Youngest son bought his 1st KUIU clothing before anybody had heard of KUIU just prior to his javelina / Coues deer hunt back in 2011 or 2012. Been wearing it ever since and added to his collection each year.

He's got a cool cabin out behind his house he built to display his game from over the years. Thought you might enjoy a few pics of his man cave. Again, thanks for the support!
Trophy room.jpg

Turkey fans.jpg

Waterfowl.jpg

Mac

I enjoyed and voted.

What area of Colorado did they go?

I have hunted the last two years in SW just above Delores