The gator is done and looks great!

REDNECK1

This past weekend was the first time I was able to view the gator that I took a stranger to get. He is no longer a stranger but a friend for life now. I can say as long as I have messed with gators Alcovy taxidermy done a heck of a job making this gator look just like he did the night we took him from lake Eufaula. It will be on display at the buckarama in Atlanta and in Perry later on this year. So stop by and see a true monster of a gator!

Attachments

• IMG_20120204_184319.jpg
    IMG_20120204_184319.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 2,458
  • IMG_20120204_142857.jpg
    IMG_20120204_142857.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 2,488

bamaboy

Nice gator!

ridgestalker

Nice.I hope buddy has a place to put it cause that monster's gona take up some room but space well used thats for sure .So is it the new state record for longest gator ?

j_seph

Nice looks like he would bite you if you get to close

ben300win

Sweet Gator! I couldn't afford a full body mount on mine or I would have done the same. My first gator was this year on the savannah river (zone 9) was 11'-4". Getting the skull done though.

REDNECK1

Those measurements were taken by the taxidermist and by local dnr officers at his shop and the weight was certified using D.O.T scales so as far as the current state record it beat it by 1/2 inch and by close to 200lbs.

Last edited:

j_seph

how much a mount like that cost

GA DAWG

Where in the world you gonna put that thang? Thats a monster!!!

REDNECK1

It is the largest taken in this state I guided the hunt but I may draw a tag next year for myself. I have a bigger one in mind when I draw a tag for myself.

GA DAWG

What zone? I killed a 7 footer last time. Gotta get a biggun this time.