Best Holographic Sight for 44 mag?

Fletch F. Fletch

I have been looking at the ATN Ultra Sight. Anybody out there have any experience with the Ultra Rest?

Other models or brands? I like the idea of an Eotech or ATN type sight for both eyes open target aquisition.

Fro1911nut

No, I haven't. Have yoused one? How does it hold up to the recoil?

I have not personally...one of the guys I shoot with runs one on his Mark II and loves it ....it is alot smaller then a eotech...Aimpoint makes quality stuff id say it hold up to a .44 recoil with no prob

BookHound

It will hold up to .44 Mag no problems. Expensive, but a quality optic. I do think you get what you pay for here. Lesser quality optics will wash out in bright sun, won't survive the recoil, etc.

Mark

44mags

I HAVE A RUGER WITH A 9.5 BARR. THAT HAS BEEN MAGNA PORTED. THE ONLY RED DOTS I HAVE FOUND TO HOLD UP IS THE ADCO MIRAGE AN TH ULTRA-DOT MUTIPLE DOT WITH A 3MOA TO A 10MOA DOTS SIZE. THEY BOTH HAVE A 30MM. TUBE AN BOTH SELL FOR $180 TO $230. the ultra dot is what i"m useing now an like th best. it is th (match dot series)at $180 with a lifetime warrt. have not had th $$ for th eotechs or th other higher $$ ones. th adco an th ultra-dots both have or come with a sun filter an a ext tube. webb- www.ultradotusa.com, www.adcosales.com. all others i have tryed like th bushnells, milletts, truglow, burris, an bsa"s have either crack th lenes or would not hold a zero setting. under recoil . just thought i would throw th info your way and you decide what to do with it. (ford or chevy or a bmw ) just how mulch $$$$ ya got to blow? GOOD LUCK!! -44
P/S PLEASE EXCUSE MY RED-NECK SPELLING.

Fletch F. Fletch

I HAVE A RUGER WITH A 9.5 BARR. THAT HAS BEEN MAGNA PORTED. THE ONLY RED DOTS I HAVE FOUND TO HOLD UP IS THE ADCO MIRAGE AN TH ULTRA-DOT MUTIPLE DOT WITH A 3MOA TO A 10MOA DOTS SIZE. THEY BOTH HAVE A 30MM. TUBE AN BOTH SELL FOR $180 TO $230. the ultra dot is what i"m useing now an like th best. it is th (match dot series)at $180 with a lifetime warrt. have not had th $$ for th eotechs or th other higher $$ ones. th adco an th ultra-dots both have or come with a sun filter an a ext tube. webb- www.ultradotusa.com, www.adcosales.com. all others i have tryed like th bushnells, milletts, truglow, burris, an bsa"s have either crack th lenes or would not hold a zero setting. under recoil . just thought i would throw th info your way and you decide what to do with it. (ford or chevy or a bmw ) just how mulch $$$$ ya got to blow? GOOD LUCK!! -44 P/S PLEASE EXCUSE MY RED-NECK SPELLING.

All great info...thanks guys. I am going to try the ATN because I handled one today, and that is one sturdy looking sight. Will report.