Night fishing for Bass

Arrow3

A black spinnerbait with a big Colorado single blade. I like the strike king 38 special . Slow roll it just off the bottom. I really like it around rip rap. It has put several checks in my pocket in night tourneys

MikeyD6

Deleted
I always do better when there's no moon. More than once I've seen the bite stop completely when the moon came out.

Coenen

A black spinnerbait with a big Colorado single blade. I like the strike king 38 special . Slow roll it just off the bottom. I really like it around rip rap. It has put several checks in my pocket in night tourneys
This.

A black/blue crankbait will get it done as well.

King.Of.Anglers.Jeremiah

Fishing ? Instructor!
New moon (dark) is supposed to be better than full Moon (bright). Problem is, its so dark you can't see your hand in front of your face. You'll misplace A lot of casts

BigGreenGoblin

I’ve caught bass at night on a lot of the same baits I throw during the day. Top water at night is probably the most fun for me. My biggest night bass was caught on a rattletrap.

cutsawah

5/8 oz short arm spinner bait with chunk trailer, light colors with moon, dark colors without. Slow roll on the bottom, or yo yo hard enough to feel the blade wobble. Texas or Carolina rig worm or lizard. Jig with your favorite trailer. Darkness doesn’t make a difference if you use a black light and fluorescent line. Night fishing is peaceful with most of the nuts off the water by midnight.

Tmpr111

For me night fishing has always been the excitement of possibly catching a giant on topwater, but here we are seeing many posts about other types of fishing. Interesting.

Timberman

single blade short arm spinnerbait. I age myself but a Zorro and Okiebug were my favorites.

I am intrigued with the Whopper Plopper. I've been throwing a big one in the Etowah for stripers but can't keep green fish off of it. I'm thinking it would work well at night.

Last edited:

Lukikus2

I always do better when there's no moon. More than once I've seen the bite stop completely when the moon came out.

Fish the shadows.

Anything you have in your tackle box will catch them at night. You just have to figure it out.

Last Minute

Any tips for night fishing for largemouth/Spots this summer? I'm already starting to catch them after dark but I've only night fished for bass twice. Usually it's catfish and saltwater. What are you guy's top picks for lures at night? I'm already biased to topwater with buzzbaits but wonder what else works

My favorite way to catch big bass down here in my neck of the woods is jigger poling. We use a Calcutta cane pole and cut the tip off so it's bout as big around as your thumb. Tie off a piece of 100lb mono bout a foot and a half long from your tip. I use a 1/2oz chatter buzz buzz bait. We use a small jon boat with a transom mount trolling motor running on high...take turns fishing and driving. Fish off the front of the boat and hold that buzz bait up tight to the weeds along the bank and hang on!
Had them jokers break 50lb and 80lb mono and caught more slob largemouths in a single night then most people will believe. When they jump on that bait it sounds like someone threw a cinder block at it.