possum 1 o 1 Round wo coming soon.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I'll eat a possum if I'm hungry enough. I ain't hungry enough yet. :)

Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
I'll eat a possum if I'm hungry enough. I ain't hungry enough yet. :)

You mean to tell us you couldn't go for one right about now, smothered in beans? No? Me neither! :D

Looks like he's seeing this thread for the first time! :bounce:

dVLI4.gif

dpoole

:banana::banana:Step 1 Muddyfoots caught the possum a big one too.

Step 2 Purge possum. We feed him or her out for two weks or so.

Step 3 Build fire and get washpot full of water to 185 degress.

Step 4 Dispatch possum. We do this our way ,but lets all do it as humantary as possible.

Step 5 Wash possum. Donnie normally gets in the shower with them but I do not suggest this for amatures. The best way is the use of a garden hose or a good sink. Wash vigorously or until clean.

Step 6 Test water. My daddy runs his finger through it three times and says it is ready. I am lazy and put the gauge in it tillit gets to 185 degrees.

Step 7 Scald possum dip possum in water and lay on flat surface hair should pull off easy and evenly, you might have to redip possum a time or two for all hair removal.

Step 8 scrap possum for all small haires we use a small piece of wood. skin is tender and we do not want to bruise it.

Step 9 Rewash until really really clean

Step 10 Field dress and remove head, feet and tail. Save tail to be used later . Quarter possum.

Step 11 Wash an peel sweet potatoes. Slice long ways into half inch stripes.

Step 12 Place half potatoes on bottom of pan softly. Place quarters of possum on top of potatoes,salt and pepper to taste, add cayene and jalapeno peppers to taste. Place in prheated over @ 350 for three hours under a covered lid. Remove from oven and enjoy.
Know

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member

CurLee

I'd eat it, but it would be hard to shake the image of my pet possum with her "hand" wrapped around a piece of her own poo and munchin down on it like a candy bar. It wasnt just one time either. Apparently it was quite a treat.....

pop pop jones

It didn't look like much, in the cage, but after that hot bath, and some scraping, I thought it cleaned up right nice.

Geno67

They eat ticks. I'm thinking they are doing a great job and I should leave them wherever they may happen to be.

I would eat an anything if I was hungry enough but I'm not there just yet.

doenightmare

Gone But Not Forgotten
Esteemed and very helpful member Da Possum will be affended with this re-post. Gotta be hurtful.

Last edited:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I have skinned a couple hundred of those things. They stink and they're slimy. I would eat possum long before I would eat beans, but I still stand by my older post that I ain't that hungry yet. :)

Latest posts