AR 15 won't chamber a new round

LOL .... you mena that Brian and Sean have more than one friend LOL. I talked to Sean the other week about borrowing it and he said a friend had it ....... I figured it was you.

I cant do the rifle steel challenge tomorrow. I will actually be in Dawsonville for a birthday party at 2. So that blows that idea.

I cant hit nothing with irons anyhow. I would be throwing lead downrange for nothing.

Although I did pick up 500 M855 bullets the other day that I need to load up ...... I would just blame it on you that you shot the holes in it.

georgiaboy

I like shooting irons, I will try to make the next one. Creekside is a long ride and I try to go to church with the wife and baby so Sundays are tough.

I actually have a buddy's swager (not Sean, ha ha) but it doesn't work well. I seriously don't decrimp much at all. I hate crimps, I have broken too many .308 pins on them and RCBS is tired of sending me free ones!

Ytka

I have finally narrowed the problem down to either the gas tube or the gas block. I checked the gas keys and they are tight. I also made sure the gas rings weren't all lined up. I borrowed a friend's AR and switched pieces until I figured out what made it stop working. As long as my upper was involved, it wouldn't function. The bolt didn't seem to affect it at all.

The gas block/front sight base might not be lined up correctly with the gas port in the barrel...... or the gas port itself could be undersized as well.

georgiaboy

You can check alignment of the gas tube and bolt carrier using a small drill bit that will fit inside the tube.