Fly Fishing Georgia

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I did some primative camping/fishing for a week once and I was High Stinking on the last day!
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

bowbuck

Side note: Do the trout just roll upside down and float to the net with this "high stink" method?[/QUOTE]

Nah that's just the normal routine when they see me coming to the river, saves em lots of effort with the whole taking the fly and fighting bit. :flag:

WinMag.300

lol,

congrats on your win the last weekend as well. I bet those fish wern't so easy or willing to just rollover and give up either.:cheers:

I must say that this book is all that it is hyped up to be. I got my copy today. Great pictures, great literature, and great information compiled in one book. Congrats and thanks to David. :cheers:

Side note: Do the trout just roll upside down and float to the net with this "high stink" method?

Thanks very much - I'm glad you are enjoying it!!

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Borders in Douglasville has it on "Rush Order". :rolleyes:

huntfish

Side note: Do the trout just roll upside down and float to the net with this "high stink" method?

Nah that's just the normal routine when they see me coming to the river, saves em lots of effort with the whole taking the fly and fighting bit. :flag:[/QUOTE]

You giving guide secrets out now? ::ke:

Hey guys - Wanted to share two things with you:

1. The blog for ThisIsFly (cool online fly fishing magazine) featured some of my photography yesterday - pretty cool exposure! Here's the link: ThisIsFlyDaily.com

2. This Saturday I'll be at Fly Box Outfitters in Kennesaw (near Town Center Mall) from 11:00 - 2:30 for a book signing event. If you already have a copy and want it signed, come on by, or if you don't have one, come pick one up there and get it signed. I hope to see y'all there!

Gary Mercer

David, as a guy who loves to catch little green pan fish, I enjoyed the book. Beautifully done. Sir.
Almost made me wish for the Northwest coast, where Dad taught me to handle a long stick. (The Eel, the Klamath, the Mad.) He and my uncle Walt would drive all nite, with me on back seat asleep to get to some of those places, so we could start at daylight. Thanks for bringing some of those days back for me.
Georgia has some beautiful water, which you showed in the book. Many of us, the non trout fishing guys, really weren't aware of the beauty and fishing opportunities in Georgia.
But, at almost 70 years old, I'll have to settle for the "kiss" of a big bream late in the evening on a quiet pond.
Keep up the good work, and please make the next book about the warm waters, and little round fish. (just for us old guys.)
Gary

David, as a guy who loves to catch little green pan fish, I enjoyed the book. Beautifully done. Sir.
Almost made me wish for the Northwest coast, where Dad taught me to handle a long stick. (The Eel, the Klamath, the Mad.) He and my uncle Walt would drive all nite, with me on back seat asleep to get to some of those places, so we could start at daylight. Thanks for bringing some of those days back for me.
Georgia has some beautiful water, which you showed in the book. Many of us, the non trout fishing guys, really weren't aware of the beauty and fishing opportunities in Georgia.
But, at almost 70 years old, I'll have to settle for the "kiss" of a big bream late in the evening on a quiet pond.
Keep up the good work, and please make the next book about the warm waters, and little round fish. (just for us old guys.)
Gary

Gary,
Your words just made my day - I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate it! Maybe my publisher will let me do a warmwater book soon - that would be loads of fun. As much as I love trout fishing and catching redfish on the fly in the salt, I'm most fond of those evenings on a quiet farm pond - it takes me back to my fishing roots.
-David

kirby999

Gary,
Your words just made my day - I can't tell you enough how much I appreciate it! Maybe my publisher will let me do a warmwater book soon - that would be loads of fun. As much as I love trout fishing and catching redfish on the fly in the salt, I'm most fond of those evenings on a quiet farm pond - it takes me back to my fishing roots.
-David
David : I'm with Gary on this one .I'd love to see a flyfishing for panfish in Ga. book . I could sit and count the number of trout I've caught on a fly , but I couldn't begin to count the number of panfish I've enjoyed over the past 50 years of fishing . BTW , I'll be checking out your book after Christmas myself . I got to thumb through it quickly and then it was put up. kirby

gabreamfanatic

i am about 2 1/2 hours depends on how fast i drive it:rofl:. my uncle has a place in darien ga that we go to sometimes for fishing. but if your coming down I-95 you still have to come thru savannah all most. i am also with the other 2 guys about the panfish book. thats all i fish for. except when i go to my uncles its for redfish and trout.

Gary Mercer

David, I can see it now.
Instead of nice looking citified guys in expensive waders, you could have old fat gents in shorts and tee shirts standing up to their knees in green water, (or in a tin boat,) catching little round fish. LOL
In fact, I know a couple that would volunteer to help out with you research.
Good luck,
Gary

Last edited: