Finally got my hands on a Stoeger M3500

stringmusic

Good lookin gun...is it inertia recoil or gas operated?

Inertia, same as Franchi and Benelli.

Gas is to high to be shootin' those gas operated guns:bounce:

rutandstrut

Inertia, same as Franchi and Benelli.

Gas is to high to be shootin' those gas operated guns:bounce:

After shooting an Inertial Drive Shotgun like the M2000 & M3500, I won't shoot any other kind of Autoloader! Simply awesome from field loads to heavy duck and turkey loads!

Last edited:

joshsmallwood1

Finally got mine today! Can't wait to shoot it! Looks like I may have to use the turkey choke that came withe the gun this year. I lost my other choke! Let me know if y'all try out the factory turkey choke. Wont be able to shoot it for a week or so!
11799e7c.png

rutandstrut

I shot it today with a Kick's Gobbling Thunder .665 and the Factory Extra Full Turkey Choke Tube! The Factory Extra Full Turkey Choke (Non Ported) smoked the Kick's Choke (I guess it will be going back to BP) I had 34 Pellets in the Neck and Head using Winchester Extended Range 3.5" #6's. The Kick's Choke only had 14! It shoots really sweet and the recoil is nothing compared to the short Barreled (20") 835 Ulti-Mag Pro Staff I shot prior to shooting the Stoeger M3500.

I also shot the Ithacha Featherweight M37 "Project Turkey Gun" and my Stoeger M2000. Went through 1 Box of 3.5" Shells with the 835 and the Stoeger M3500, one 3" Shell with the Stoeger M2000 and 6 2 3/4" Shells with the Ithacha. Thank God for the Caldwell Lead Sled!

The Highlight of the day was one shot from the M2000 that put 79 Pellets in the Neck and Head (Kudo's to Rob Roberts "Gobbler Guns") he does awesome work! No Turkey will walk away from that Gun out to 60 yards! He worked on my 835 and it shoots Awesome too!

I am probably going to send the M3500 to him to work his magic! After he does, you know your Gun will be right! He shoots multiple brands of shells and multiple choke to match the Shell and Choke to each particular Gun! It is called something like the "Total Turkey Factor" Wahtever he does, It works and I am very happy with it!

To top it all off. On the way home I saw 3 Turkeys fly over the road. Then I saw another larger one do the same. I rolled up and got out of the Truck to see a Huge Osceola with a Ground Dragging Beard following 3 Hens. They had just flown over two 3 Strand Barbed Wire Fences. One on the WMA side and one on the Private Property Line. I had a Diaphragm in my mouth to play with on the ride home! I couldn't resist! I had to let him have it! He obliged me with a Double Gobble and broke into a Full Strut. If I had to guess this is a 20+ Pound Osceola with a really impressive Ground Dragging Beard! I would say 12" plus! He was coming from an area I like to Hunt and will definitely be sitting in on opening day after seeing him! I messed with him a little more and then just watched him with Binocs as he Strutted his way after the Hens! I hope to meet him again next weekend! Hopefully he will be at the end of my Shotgun! I had a great day today! Beautiful Weather, All 4 Guns patterned, Saw a Huge Osceola and got him to Gobble and raise my Blood Pressure! Doesn't get any better than that!

Last edited:

joshsmallwood1

Sounds like a good day to me! I hope you get back on him opening morning! Thanks for the info on the guns. Definitely sounds like you put you time in. Just wish I could do the same with my gun. D any of you know anything about the shims that come with the gun? Just curious because the manual didn't have anything in there. I know how to change them just not real sure if they matter too much unless you do some extensive Pattern testing.

rutandstrut

Sounds like a good day to me! I hope you get back on him opening morning! Thanks for the info on the guns. Definitely sounds like you put you time in. Just wish I could do the same with my gun. D any of you know anything about the shims that come with the gun? Just curious because the manual didn't have anything in there. I know how to change them just not real sure if they matter too much unless you do some extensive Pattern testing.

The shims are for the Cast and Drop of the Stock. I am pretty sure that is what they call it! This is a Mecahnical Fitting that has nothing to do with Patterning. You can check and adjust the Stock to fit you with the shims provided without shooting a single shot! If you are comfortable with the Gun the way it arrive there is no need to mess with the Shims. If not try them until you get the Gun setup so that when you throw it up...it is in position to take aim and shoot automatically!

River Rambler

Got mine today. Slick gun. 5 Chokes, Shims, Recoil reducer, 3.5'r that cycles great, and camo gun all for 598. I traded in a 10/22 that constantly jammed and it knocked my price down to $325. What a deal for the $$$!!

Can you PM me Rob Roberts contact info?
My only gripe is the trigger pull....it could use some tuning.

joshsmallwood1

I love mine too! I haven't shot it a lot but did kill two turkeys with the factory turkey choke at 30 yards. Neither of them moved an inch! I've also shot all sizes shells and have yet to have a problem. I guess the real test will be duck season then we'll see if it can hold up! I would say I've fired 75 to 100 rounds so far.

rutandstrut

can i get an update on these guns. i really want 1 but kinda iffy because of the mixed reviews on the 2000

I Love mine also. I also have a M2000 that shoots great and has never failed me. The M2000 got a bad first rap because of assembly problems from the factory...Stoeger implemented some additional Assembly and Quality Control measures to fix the problems Both are great guns. Shot a couple bixes of heavy loads through either gun...strip the gun down...clean it good...apply good light gun oil and enjoy. Both are great shooting Shotguns!

Last edited:

joshsmallwood1

Finally got to do some shooting this afternoon. Ran about 75 rounds through it. Mostly target loads 2-3/4" but it never stopped. I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the gun. I would definitely recommend it for anyone.

rutandstrut

Finally got to do some shooting this afternoon. Ran about 75 rounds through it. Mostly target loads 2-3/4" but it never stopped. I have to say I'm pretty impressed with the gun. I would definitely recommend it for anyone.

I can't wait to see what my Gun will do when William at Sumtoy gets done with it. I am having him do a little work and make a choke. I was very impressed with the pattern the Sumtoy Choke threw out of my Ithacha Project Turkey Gun!