Spoon feeding West Point hybrids and stripes

fish hawk

Bass Master
Me and a friend made it out on West Point today. We fished from 1:00 p.m.till dark.Surface temp was running around 52*.The fish we were catching were sitting off ledges and humps in 25ft water and hittin a Hopkins shorty.Where ever we marked bait there were fish around.We caught anywhere between 40 to 50 fish,not anything real big as they were all running around the same size, but I had one hybrid in the 10 lb range that shook the spoon right at the boat.We did catch some spots with one being pretty nice.

Attachments

• DSCN8293.JPG
    DSCN8293.JPG
    96.5 KB · Views: 672
  • DSCN8295.JPG
    DSCN8295.JPG
    99.2 KB · Views: 666
  • DSCN8297.JPG
    DSCN8297.JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 689
  • DSCN8300.JPG
    DSCN8300.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 693
  • DSCN8301.JPG
    DSCN8301.JPG
    95.4 KB · Views: 678
Last edited:

ryork

Way to go! 40-50 fish in half a day is awesome big or small. I like vertically fishing a spoon too.

Trout4me

Great day on the water!
I have had good luck with 1oz white/foil flex-it spoon on Lanier, and was wondering what spoon you use on WP?

Thanks!

fish hawk

Bass Master
Great day on the water!
I have had good luck with 1oz white/foil flex-it spoon on Lanier, and was wondering what spoon you use on WP?

Thanks!

We have always used a plain Hopkins shorty in stainless steel.I was using a 5/8 oz and my buddy was using a 1/2 oz,didnt seem to make a difference in the amount of fish each one of us caught.I'm sure others use something different,but the Hopkins seems to always work for us.
:cheers:

StriperrHunterr

Excellent job. Had a New Year's Day like that with my father back in NC. We must have had 150 white bass over the course of a whole day, it was unreal.

fish hawk

Bass Master
Thanks guys....I told my friend that jigging a spoon has to be one of the most relaxing ways to fish,a much needed break from chunkin and winding.
:cheers:
It's very cool watching your spoon go up and down on the graph,seeing the arches and then getting the bite.