best shad swimbait

puddlehunter

I used the 6" Bull Shad and unfortunately it broke after the second fish... I'm sure it was a freak thing with that particular one... But I bought it online in CA somewhere and they wouldn't refund it. Still disappointed about that ordeal. Now I primarily use the Spro BBZ1 and it does okay... The Sebile is great on Striper of course, but the Bull Shad is by far the best looking in my opinion (Gizzard Shad). I just happened to have a bad experience with my $60 purchase (and can't justify doing that again).

You should have contacted the lure builder, he is local and I'm sure he would have taken care of it for you

Tmpr111

You should have contacted the lure builder, he is local and I'm sure he would have taken care of it for you

Thanks. Although at the time I wasn't aware of that - as well as I no longer have the pieces or any proof of purchase. No biggie though ???.

Tmpr111

What kind of line are y'all throwing these baits on?

I use braid with a heavier mono or fluorocarbon leader if I'm on the river (rocks etc). If I'm in open water I typically use 14-20lb Fluoro. And that's with 6-9" heavier baits. That may not be ideal, but it's what I've always done.

Scout'nStripers

What kind of line are y'all throwing these baits on?

30lb braid on the main line and a BP XPS 25lb flouro leader about 2-3ft in length. Rod is a St Croix Mojo Bass and the reel is Lewes SS.

Joel

I don't make them, just fish them. Details on the bait are below on post #20. I switched to these after I had 4 different ******ads pull apart in the joints, three on fish and one in mid air. They were all generation 1's so maybe thethey problems have been corrected.

meeks88

Mike did have a slight problem with the pins in the gen1 baits but haven't had any problems with the gen2's or the herrings. I even had an 8" ******ad gen1 come apart on me after the biggest striper I have ever hooked into tied me up in some trees in about 40' of water on hartwell. I let him know and there was another one the mailbox a few days later. I've seen tripple trouts, 3:16's, and more that have came apart and those are some of the best in the swimbait industry.

Last edited:

evans_usmc69

:cool:I don't always throw shad swimbaits, but when I do.....I throw Randall's 9" gliding gizzard on a LDC MH, Supertuned Curado 301 and 25lb P-line CXX....stay thirsty(and warm) my friends :cool:

Edit: Thanks again Randall :flag:

Last edited:

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
Folks I would like to remind you of the rules regarding advertising and buying and selling on the forum. It needs to be handled by pm or you be in violation of the rules.

dturnersr

******ad- I like the 6", but also use the 5", for numbers and big fish the BullHerring. After that Triple Trout.