Game camera with fastest trigger time?

F

Fishin Guy

We are looking to replace most of our cameras with some newer ones. We are trying to find some really good cameras with fast trigger times. We have a few different cams now, but the best one we have is an older Reconyx camera. It's a low megapixel, but it's got a really quick trigger. We set it to take 3 pics at a time, NOTHING get's past this camera! While our other cameras only have a maybe several hundred pictures, this one usually has several thousand!

It's kinda neat to have a high megapixel camera with a clear image, but what good is that if all the deer aren't being captured on it? What's some of the cams out now with the fastest trigger speeds?

djackson67

I Like my cheep D40,
one tip if you're shooting a trail, is set it up looking down the trail instead of across one. i've had best luck doing that.

F

Fishin Guy

Yea, that's what we do when setting up on a trail. We just don't have that option with a lot of our spots. The deer come from all directions, and sometimes they aren't slowing down. Our Reconyx camera captures a LOT of images that the other cameras most likely wouldn't.

livetohunt

I have found that nothing performs like a homebrew. Even the cameras that claim extremely fast trigger speed don't seem to be as fast as advertised. I have 4 different brands of trail cameras, and nothing is as fast and reliable as my homebrew. Some options are trailwatcher.net and snapshotsniper.com

rjcruiser

We are looking to replace most of our cameras with some newer ones. We are trying to find some really good cameras with fast trigger times. We have a few different cams now, but the best one we have is an older Reconyx camera. It's a low megapixel, but it's got a really quick trigger. We set it to take 3 pics at a time, NOTHING get's past this camera! While our other cameras only have a maybe several hundred pictures, this one usually has several thousand!

It's kinda neat to have a high megapixel camera with a clear image, but what good is that if all the deer aren't being captured on it? What's some of the cams out now with the fastest trigger speeds?

Wow...I just checked out what the prices were on reconyx cams...:hair::hair::hair: $500-600 wowsa.....I could go with a few missed pics for that price.

btw...you looking to sell your old reconyx for cheap:biggrin2:

Arrow3

The fastest trigger speed of all the cameras I have is on the cuddeback capture...

jwshambles

Reconyx is the fastest, and nothing else touches it. RM45 has 1/10th of a second trigger speed. RC55 & RC60 are 1/5th of a second. Like their slogan says, you will see what you've been missing...

I've owned them all (Moultrie, Cuddie, Stealth, Scout Guard), granted they are expensive cameras but they are worth their weight in gold IMO.

If you want a better bang for your buck go with Scout Guard, DLC, Bushnell Trophy cam (all the same). 1 sec trigger 3/5 MP + video.

I use Reconyx for trails, pastures, and rubs. Scout Guards for feeders and mineral licks.