Prayer requested for my Mom

groundhawg

Thanks again to all who have relied to this thread, and others who have shared via a personal message and many who I feel have said a prayer or two but not placed a message here. I have been reading this every day to see what has been shared and also to have my faith uplifted by reading and rereading the messages that have been placed here.

Last Sunday (October 16th) Mom was really doing poorly and when we visited after church and I was not sure she would be with us much longer. Well our God is still in charge and not to busy to hear and answer prayers. We had special prayer for her Sunday morning and my wife and daughter “stood in” for Mom during a time of pray Sunday night and there has been a total and complete turn around in her condition.

Monday morning when my wife and I went to visit she had had a very good night’s rest and was stronger during the day. She has been eating well all week, Wednesday she got out of bed for the first time in more than 30 days and with support from Dad and I took several steps. Each day she has been stronger and stronger. Praise the Lord!

Since she has been able to sit up and stand we rented a small, folding type wheelchair yesterday that is very supported of her and can be use through out the house and outside if needed. Well when I went over this morning Mom shared that instead of sleeping in the hospital bed that she got into the wheelchair Dad took her to their bedroom and she slept in her own bed for the first time since September 10th.

With a huge grin on her face today Mom told be she had plenty strength and with Dad’s helping could easily get in and out of the wheelchair and bed. I asked if she enjoyed sleeping in her bed, the answer was “Yes”. I then asked if she had held Daddy’s hand last night and she replied; “Yes, and we cuddled for a long, long time.” 87 and 84 years old, married for over 65 years and still so very much in love. :love:

We realized that her heart and lungs are weak and only God knows and holds the future but we are all so very thankful and whether these are her last days or not that that she is able to share them to the fullest and without pain.

Just so very thankful for each day we get to share and also thankful for each of your prayers, kind words and support. “God is good all the time. And all the time God is good!” ::;

welderguy

Greg, I'm so happy for you and your family. What a great blessing!
I had to wipe away tears of joy when I read your post.That made my day.
He is truly a God who delights in mercy.(Micah 7:18)

carver

Prayers to you all

Agent

Praise be to God. It's so easy to take our time together for granted. I'll see my mama this evening and now, for some reason, I can't wait to get down there and hug her neck.

groundhawg

Had to call 911 and Mom was transferred to the ER about 1PM today (10/10/16). Has been admitted, is very weak and not breathing well. I am home now for a quick bite to eat, shower, change clothes and head back to stay with Dad.

Thanks for all prayers, well wishing, now, in the past and future.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
So sorry I missed this thread originally, sorry for the latest development also, GH.

Sending a prayer up now for comfort for Mom and your family.

JWarren

Sorry for this situation.

Prayer sent for Mom and family.

welderguy

Greg,
Be strong in the Lord my brother.
This life is not all there is for God's people. It's a race, and we are all looking for that glorious finish line. Jesus is there cheering us on. He has already secured our victory.

I'm still praying.

groundhawg

Good evening.

I and my family thank you so much for all the prayers and kind words. Though Thursday was trying and fearful with 911 calls, EMT’s, E.R. attendants helping Mom and then doctors telling us to prepare for the worse. Well our Lord is still in control and for reasons known to him Mom is again better. Late Thursday night with family in the hospital room gathered around Mom she regained consciousness. Though alert she was weak and in and out of a troubled sleep Friday and Friday night while using a CPAP machine with oxygen. Saturday her vital signs were good and the CPAP was removed. Today (Sunday) she is stronger, has eaten a bit, and able to enjoy some juice, Boost drinks, and most of all visits and hugs from family and loved ones

While Mom’s heart and lungs are very weak she may be allowed to return home by Tuesday. Though the finale outcome is still not promising we are thankful to have each day and look forward to sharing the time we have making pleasant memories and loving each other. Since none of us are insured tomorrow I hope that if you have someone you love and care for share today with them and let them know how much they mean to you.

Thanks again for your support and faith as we continue to witness the power of our Lord.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Good the hear that she is doing better Groundhog. Cherish every second you get with her. What I wouldn't give to sit down and have an hour conversation with my mom. Our prayers are with you and your mom.

groundhawg

Good evening. I do not have the composer to share many thoughts right now so I will paste a couple of comments taken from Mom’s obituary.

Susie Viola (Griggs) Thomas, 81, beloved wife of James O. Thomas peacefully entered her heavenly home on Wednesday, November 16, 2016 after a courageous battle with several health issues. She was a loving and caring Wife to her husband, Mother to her children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, family and friends. She worked tirelessly her entire life to care for them and was a perfect example of a Proverbs 31 woman.

Thanks to all for your prayers.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
I am so sorry Brother. You and your family and her friends are in my Prayers.

groundhawg

Thanks again so very much for each of your prayers, kind words and support. You will never know, this side of Heaven, what it has meant to me and my family. Mom was laid to rest this morning, though she has been with our Lord since Wednesday. I hope to copy your remarks and share them with Daddy in a few days as I am sure they will bring him comfort, as they have to me.
Christian love to each of my Brothers and Sisters here.