How many Years have you been Deer hunting

44magpastor

I started going with my dad when I was probably 5-6. I was so small, I would ride on my dad's back, as he climbed into a "permanent stand". You guys remember those 2x6 boards nailed between trees.

Killed my first when I was 12.

I'm 43 now, so I guess it's been 37 years.

NBN

Killed my first at the age of 12, now 37 and have not missed a season since I started!!! Blessed in so many ways. Could not imagine life without hunting the Whitetail deer.

turkeykirk

45 years for me. Time sure has flown by fast. Not that many more ahead but gonna try to enjoy every one to the fullest.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
52 years and still trying to figure out deer hunting.

Buckman18

I'm 37, and have deer hunted for 28 years. Started out with a Winchester single shot 12 gauge with 00 Buck aggravating my dad to death while he was looking for deer and I wouldn't stop talking... Usually he ended up giving up and we would trade the 00 Buck for #6 shot and shoot squirrels.

DCHunter

I started when I was 28. So 13 years now. I wish I would have started sooner, but my dad didn't hunt.

Last edited:

PappyHoel

30 years, started at age 12. Still remember my first hunt with buckshot.

Big7

The Oracle
45 counting when I couldn't go without my
Father.

40+ by myself. Somewhere around in there.

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
36 years coming up on #37. Glad to know I'm not the only "old guy" on here. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
Started sitting alone when I was 13 and that it when I really got into it. So almost 9 years, time has really started to fly.

buckmanmike

I started deer hunting when a deer season opened in Georgia. My grandfather and I planted a bean patch to attract the deer. Saw plenty of sign but no deer while on the stand for two years. Finally saw and shot my first buck the third season. Stand was a board nailed on to two limbs, with steps nailed to the tree trunk.
I bird hunted for a couple of years before deer season started. Really do miss those days watching the dogs hunt. We were lazy and drove the truck along the fence lines and got out and hunted the coveys when the dogs pointed. I remember one day when we had 20+ covey risings. Then we would hunt for the singles. This was in SWGA. Habitat has changed now. Not near as many quail now, as back then.

BowanaLee

Started about 1965 or 66 ? Been a minute.