GA Lifetime Sportsman's License

Question

For the infant and youth license.... Will a color photocopy of the certified birth certificate work? It says "certified copy" of the birth certificate on the DNR application.

It will be a real pain if I need to order birth certificates from my former residence state (and time may run out for my 2-year old to qualify).

Thanks!

redwards

For the infant and youth license.... Will a color photocopy of the certified birth certificate work? It says "certified copy" of the birth certificate on the DNR application.

It will be a real pain if I need to order birth certificates from my former residence state (and time may run out for my 2-year old to qualify).

Thanks!
The apppearance of a Notary Seal on the document is what makes the birth certificate "certified".

You may be able to contact (email or phone call) the DNR/WRD with the question and get a quick answer from them as to whether they will accept a photocopy or not.

Interesting.

I called thinking I needed a non-resident license, but since I own a house and land in GA I was told I could get a Lifetime Senior license.

Will soon sell out in another state and be a full time GA resident anyway, and look forward to 2017-18 if I make another year.

Lack of easily accessible public land is a big problem here though.

No doubt I will have to buy land to be able to hunt like I like.

FREEDOM22

rates have gone up

LIFETIME LICENSES
License
Resident
Non-Resident
Infant Lifetime Sportsman’s License
Under 2
Lifetime
$500.00
$500.00
Youth Lifetime Sportsman’s License
2-15
Lifetime
$600.00
--
Adult Lifetime Sportsman’s License
16-49
Lifetime
$750.00
--
Older Adult Lifetime Sportsman’s License
50-59
Lifetime
$375.00
--
Senior Discount Lifetime Sportsman’s License
60-64
Lifetime
$315.00
--
Senior Lifetime Sportsman’s License
65+
Lifetime
$70.00
--
Senior Lifetime Hunting License
65+
Lifetime
$35.00
--
Senior Lifetime Fishing License
65+
Lifetime
$35.00
--
Free Senior Lifetime Sportsman’s License

(born on or before June 30, 1952)
65+
Lifetime
FREE
--
Military and Veterans Lifetime Sportsman’s License
--
Lifetime
$600.00
--
Non-Resident Grandchild Lifetime Sportsman’s License
2-15
Lifetime

$1500.00
Shooting Preserve Lifetime License
--
Lifetime
$75.00
$75.00
Remaining licenses or permits that may be needed and must be re

Spotlite

Resident Homesteader
Got mine. Plan to buy my Grandson’s theirs.

LTFDretired

I got mine back in the early 90’s. Good move on my part . Get one, you never know when life may send you outside GA for an extended time. With the lifetime licenses, not an issue anymore

Wcollister1

If you are a lifetime license holder you DO NOT NEED a special alligator license. See the excerp from the DNR web site referring to Alligator hunting in Georgia.

Copied from the DNR website: (italics added for clarity)

LICENSES: Anyone hunting or assisting an alligator permit holder must possess a valid Alligator Hunting License ($50) in addition to a regular hunting license. A WMA license is required if hunting on a WMA. Disability, Honorary & Lifetime License holders are exempt from these requirements. Hunters must be at least twelve years of age. Hunters age 12-15 need not have an Alligator Hunting License or Hunting License; however, they must possess a valid permit or be with a permit holder. In order to hunt unsupervised they must have a valid Hunter Education Certificate.

It would be nice if someone would correct the original posting.

The lifetime license is a GREAT DEAL!!
When I purchased my Lifetime License over 20 years ago, one of the perks was a free Lifetime License for your grandchild. Does this still exist now that I have a grandchild?