GON Magazine | GON Classifieds

Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Woody's Campfire Talk > Sports Talk
Notices



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old 11-06-2017, 05:23 PM
GA native's Avatar
GA native GA native is offline
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Acworth, GA
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

I am a casual life long Falcons fan, rabid bulldawg fan first.

The NFL... they lost me. Until they fire that leftist Goodell, I won't come back to being a casual Falcons fan. But even after he is fired, the damage is done. There is no going back once an organization goes left. They tend to stay leftist.
__________________
Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes. Jim Carrey
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 11-08-2017, 02:05 PM
BornToHuntAndFish's Avatar
BornToHuntAndFish BornToHuntAndFish is offline
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hopefully Somewhere in the Great Outdoors
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyDawg View Post

This is the Falcons we love to hate. Rarely have they followed a great year with a good year. It like the players wake up one day and say, we were playing to well, we are the Falcons remember.
Good point, Sir. Very true. Very few Super Bowl teams return to it the following year so the odds were stacked against them to start with this season. Falcons gonna have to start from scratch to create any winning momentum. Dallas on Sunday ain't gonna make it easy for them & will like giving Atlanta a losing record.
__________________
Family, Friends, & Celebrating the Outdoors is some of Life's Best Medicine.
Good Opportunities Come to Those Who are Prepared for Them.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 11-08-2017, 03:59 PM
BornToHuntAndFish's Avatar
BornToHuntAndFish BornToHuntAndFish is offline
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hopefully Somewhere in the Great Outdoors
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA native View Post

I am a casual life long Falcons fan, rabid bulldawg fan first.

The NFL... they lost me. Until they fire that leftist Goodell, I won't come back to being a casual Falcons fan. But even after he is fired, the damage is done. There is no going back once an organization goes left. They tend to stay leftist.
Yep, liberals ruin everything they get involved in.

Will not surprise me if the NFL protests distracted & divided the Falcons team, too.



__________________
Family, Friends, & Celebrating the Outdoors is some of Life's Best Medicine.
Good Opportunities Come to Those Who are Prepared for Them.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 11-16-2017, 07:12 PM
Dialer Dialer is offline
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Atlanta Georgia
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot44 View Post
I try to tell yall every year, don't waste your life on the falcons.

Matt Ryan is a Hoorible QB ( been trying to tell yall this too).

We should make a sticky thread about the falcons sucking.
I disagree. Matt Ryan IS what he IS given the opportunity. Do the letters MVP ring a bell? You'll see
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 11-16-2017, 07:18 PM
Dialer Dialer is offline
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Atlanta Georgia
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornToHuntAndFish View Post
How 'bout them Falcons losing their 4th game?

Reckon they still have not gotten over that historical Super Bowl loss that will follow Atlanta for a long time to come.

Cowboys game next Sunday will not make things any easier for them.

Falcons do not seem like last season's Super Bowl bound team.
We easily humiliated the cowboys. We are getting a rhythm now that is similar to last year which may very well have the potential to win ou first world title this year. We will peak in the playoffs Watch and see...
Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old 11-16-2017, 07:30 PM
Dialer Dialer is offline
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Atlanta Georgia
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

The magic is back, we go nowhere but up from here! We not only embarrassed the cowboys, but set team records in the game against them, which is indicative to me that the communication, teamwork, comeradity, and coaching are starting to mesh. We should be excited that it's all coming together now halfway thru the season. We will peak in the play-offs and win our first world title this year!
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 11-16-2017, 07:32 PM
tcward's Avatar
tcward tcward is offline
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Westminster SC
iTrader: (2) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialer View Post
The magic is back, we go nowhere but up from here! We not only embarrassed the cowboys, but set team records in the game against them, which is indicative to me that the communication, teamwork, comeradity, and coaching are starting to mesh. We should be excited that it's all coming together now halfway thru the season. We will peak in the play-offs and win our first world title this year!
No one cares dude....
__________________
John 3:16
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 11-16-2017, 07:49 PM
red neck richie's Avatar
red neck richie red neck richie is offline
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: East of the Pecos
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcward View Post
No one cares dude....
Rise Up. Fair weather fans. The Birds just put a whopping on Dallas. Clayborne had 6 sacks. Every season is different but I much prefer watching the best of the best as opposed to amateur's. You boys watch those young guys in collage that might make the nfl. I like watching grown men play the game. I will say I only watch the Falcons this year because of all the anthem protest but all the Falcons stand. I prefer professional sports way more talent.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 11-16-2017, 07:57 PM
SpotandStalk's Avatar
SpotandStalk SpotandStalk is offline
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Down Yonder
iTrader: (-2) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Easy now. I hope yall are right but let's not forget, Claiborne was dominating a backup tackle and the Cowboys were without their star rb.
__________________
You're a legend in my mind- Silver Britches 12/5/16
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 11-16-2017, 08:01 PM
red neck richie's Avatar
red neck richie red neck richie is offline
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: East of the Pecos
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpotandStalk View Post
Easy now. I hope yall are right but let's not forget, Claiborne was dominating a backup tackle and the Cowboys were without their star rb.
Sure but our star running back only played 2 plays as well. They gave the back up tackle help and still couldn't block Clayborne.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 11-16-2017, 10:02 PM
Greene728's Avatar
Greene728 Greene728 is offline
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Nut House
iTrader: (1) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red neck richie View Post
Rise Up. Fair weather fans. The Birds just put a whopping on Dallas. Clayborne had 6 sacks. Every season is different but I much prefer watching the best of the best as opposed to amateur's. You boys watch those young guys in collage that might make the nfl. I like watching grown men play the game. I will say I only watch the Falcons this year because of all the anthem protest but all the Falcons stand. I prefer professional sports way more talent.

You sir are nuts! And no, all the Falcons do not stand, I promise you.
__________________
A man who leads but no one follows is merely taking a walk.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 11-16-2017, 10:45 PM
red neck richie's Avatar
red neck richie red neck richie is offline
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: East of the Pecos
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greene728 View Post
You sir are nuts! And no, all the Falcons do not stand, I promise you.
I have been at the Benz. Did you see players not standing? Because I did not.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 11-16-2017, 11:08 PM
DAWG1419's Avatar
DAWG1419 DAWG1419 is online now
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Social Circle
iTrader: (4) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by red neck richie View Post
I have been at the Benz. Did you see players not standing? Because I did not.
http://www.ajc.com/sports/football/f...nJ66pLUNhiYeM/
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 11-17-2017, 10:13 AM
DannyW DannyW is offline
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Lawrenceville
iTrader: (2) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot44 View Post
I try to tell yall every year, don't waste your life on the falcons.

Matt Ryan is a Hoorible QB ( been trying to tell yall this too).

We should make a sticky thread about the falcons sucking.
Not sure I agree with this...maybe Matt Ryan is not the second coming of Peyton Manning, but "horrible"? You don't win a MVP award and become the youngest QB ever to pass for 40,000 yards with smoke and mirrors.

Barring a complete collapse or career ending injury, he is on a HOF trajectory. And horrible QB's don't make the HOF.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 11-17-2017, 10:37 AM
TJay's Avatar
TJay TJay is offline
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Ball Ground GA
iTrader: (8) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Still a Falcons fan, NFL not so much. When all the kneeling during the anthem stuff started I cut 'em loose. I'll check the final score after the game or maybe at half time but I am done contributing to treason. Next step is to cut the cord.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 11-17-2017, 10:40 AM
Coenen's Avatar
Coenen Coenen is online now
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Cumming, GA
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyW View Post
Barring a complete collapse or career ending injury, he is on a HOF trajectory. And horrible QB's don't make the HOF.
Nothing against him, but he'll have to win at least one Super Bowl. You don't make The Hall if your signature post season moment is 28-3.

The bar for QB's going into The Hall needs to be reset, today's game favors passing offense more than ever before. The raw numbers for QB's just don't mean as much as they once did.

By my estimation, they need to go at least 5-2 down the stretch. That means handling their business against a depleted Seattle team on Monday, sweep the Bucs, split with the Saints, beat Carolina, and take your chances against the Vikings. Most of that is doable. Even then, 10 wins may not be enough. Should be an exciting December for Atlanta fans.
__________________
All jokes now with 50% more walleye!
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 11-22-2017, 06:58 PM
Dialer Dialer is offline
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Atlanta Georgia
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcward View Post
No one cares dude....
Apparently you do.....
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 11-22-2017, 07:26 PM
Patriot44's Avatar
Patriot44 Patriot44 is offline
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: North, South Carolina
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Horrible. Matt Ryan has no idea that he is in charge unless he gets to the 2 min drill and is told, "you're in charge". He is a poor leader and a mediocre QB.
__________________
Child laborer 1977-1987
Association of Dime Store Cowboys Member
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 11-26-2017, 05:34 PM
fullstrut's Avatar
fullstrut fullstrut is offline
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Good Hope
iTrader: (1) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Hope they loose every game. Have not watched a game this year. Take a knee and it's over for me. Rich idiots IMO! Who cares. And BTW Matt Ryan SUCKS!
__________________
Support the 2nd amendment and not the far left!
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 11-27-2017, 06:09 AM
Fuzzy D Fellers's Avatar
Fuzzy D Fellers Fuzzy D Fellers is offline
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: leah Ga
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

No NFL for me.
__________________
1%er
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 11-27-2017, 07:02 AM
Patriot44's Avatar
Patriot44 Patriot44 is offline
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: North, South Carolina
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy D Fellers View Post
No NFL for me.
I watched two games last year, I think.. the GB v Atl game and of course the greatest meltdown in history game. I haven't so much as took a peek at a game this season and hove no plans to. The NFL is dead to me.

And Matt Ryan still sucks!
__________________
Child laborer 1977-1987
Association of Dime Store Cowboys Member
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 11-27-2017, 07:35 AM
nickel back's Avatar
nickel back nickel back is offline
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: the woods
iTrader: (18) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcward View Post
No one cares dude....
this^^^^^
__________________
actions have consequences.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 12-02-2017, 09:37 PM
Dialer Dialer is offline
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Atlanta Georgia
iTrader: (0) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcward View Post
No one cares dude....
This is a Falcons thread by the way. Like I said, the magic IS back as we whooped the Seattle Seahawks and the Buccaneers since the beating we gave the Cowboys (that's 3 wins in a row). However, with the injuries mounting now, the proverbial "wrench" has been thrown into the mix. We go against the Vikings tomorrow which is going to be a HUGE test with all of our injuries. Our offense will be in tact, but not sure there's enough magic to help our defense against the Vikes. The fact that we're at home with our 12th man will be a tremendous help. Need to start fast, as usual, then accumulate as much as points as possible.....Gonna be tough! Maybe they'll surprise us (Again)....
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 12-02-2017, 09:49 PM
tcward's Avatar
tcward tcward is offline
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Westminster SC
iTrader: (2) Check/Add Feedback
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dialer View Post
This is a Falcons thread by the way. Like I said, the magic IS back as we whooped the Seattle Seahawks and the Buccaneers since the beating we gave the Cowboys (that's 3 wins in a row). However, with the injuries mounting now, the proverbial "wrench" has been thrown into the mix. We go against the Vikings tomorrow which is going to be a HUGE test with all of our injuries. Our offense will be in tact, but not sure there's enough magic to help our defense against the Vikes. The fact that we're at home with our 12th man will be a tremendous help. Need to start fast, as usual, then accumulate as much as points as possible.....Gonna be tough! Maybe they'll surprise us (Again)....
The Vikings will throttle the Falcons and you will be back to singing the blues...if I cared a thing about the unpatriotic National Football Loosers I would say go Patriots..
__________________
John 3:16
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 12-02-2017, 09:52 PM
tcward's Avatar
tcward tcward is offline
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Westminster SC
iTrader: (2) Check/Add Feedback
Default

By the way the most exciting game played in the new dome all year was tonight...
__________________
John 3:16
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004 Georgia Outdoor News, Inc.Ad Management by RedTyger