Giant Spot on Lanier

• Thread starter Deleted member 35556
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 35556

No doubt a pig. Great catch!

Did ya'll weight it? It looks to be pushing 8 lbs! What a toad!

Yeah, she weighed 6lbs 1oz on a digital scale. I went and verified the accuracy of it yesterday with a 5lb plate. It measured the weight correctly, verified on a digital kitchen scale as well. She was a giant spot, no doubt, the picture makes her look like an 8lber though. I don't get too excited over spots, honestly as we WAY prefer to catch stripers. Let her go to be caught again.

spots

Great catch and how deep was the fish caught and how deep was the water you were targeting , if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks,
Spots.....

D

Deleted member 35556

Great catch and how deep was the fish caught and how deep was the water you were targeting , if you don't mind me asking.

Thanks,
Spots.....

That fish in particular was in over 20' of water. We were chasing stripers and we were covering all water levels, top to bottom with planars, split shot flat lines and downlines.

MagSPot

Maybe old dead river scale wrong.... That's a nice spot for sure you could of easily of said it was 7-8 pounds . like some do on here. Awesome fish

Maybe old dead river scale wrong.... That's a nice spot for sure you could of easily of said it was 7-8 pounds . like some do on here. Awesome fish

/\/\ NEVER CAUGHT A TEN LB LARGEMOUTH/\/\
hahaha.you wish ODR's scale was wrong. your jealous comments on fb were terrible... I watched it, and you went quiet at some point. DOWN GOES FRAZIER!

that spot is longarmed, bingo. nice fish but still.

I told myself I wasn't gonna do this,,,
Mods,, if this aint politically correct, please just delete this post and not ban me. Thanks
ODR's a big little guy, and here's his "12#'er"
then the 6# PIG of a Spot,,!! Great catch btw,,!! She's a beauty!!
I think that Spot weigh's more than 6,,, :cool:

nice spot but the angler's arms are rather extended. which makes this a poor comparison. 12# is still way better. check the other thread, get the memo, developmental milestones, the earth ain't flat so stop tellin' ppl it is. put one of those big california spots up, yeah baby.

fish hawk

Bass Master
Yeah, she weighed 6lbs 1oz on a digital scale. I went and verified the accuracy of it yesterday with a 5lb plate. It measured the weight correctly, verified on a digital kitchen scale as well. She was a giant spot, no doubt, the picture makes her look like an 8lber though. I don't get too excited over spots, honestly as we WAY prefer to catch stripers. Let her go to be caught again.

She's a beautiful fish!!!

Browning Slayer

Official Voice Of The Dawgs !
nice spot but the angler's arms are rather extended. which makes this a poor comparison. 12# is still way better. check the other thread, get the memo, developmental milestones, the earth ain't flat so stop tellin' ppl it is. put one of those big california spots up, yeah baby.

You have to admit, it's a lot harder to catch a Spot like that in public water like Lanier than it is to fish farm ponds for big females..

Either way some really nice fish and a heck of a bass jivarie...:cheers:

You have to admit, it's a lot harder to catch a Spot like that in public wattke Lanier than it is to fish farm ponds for big females..

Either way some really nice fish and a heck of a bass jivarie...:cheers:

Yeah sure lanier bigger, deeper, more water to.cover but there are a lot of big spotted bass there too. Ill draw a parallel, I know a boy that posts on here, he mostly lurks in the shadows. Hes caught a lot of spotted bass over 5 lbs, many of them on lanier. But his personal best lm is like 9 3/4 lb from a middle ga farmpond. Could it be that if he devoted more time to chasing trophy bass in smaller Impoundments that he could up his lm pb. Sure maybe. But then again those fish are also not common. No doubt that would.be a holy grail.to.catch a giant largelip out of lanier.I hear some hotshot auburn fan with a bait company caught one out of lanier in like 30'feet water. Great fisherman and great baits but that auburn visor would make great kindling in my wood stove.

Oh The farmpond was public actually. so he says. he told.david.thatTho I think hailstate really likes throwing rattletraps at state park lakes and pfa lakes that are generally larger than that. He did not have a good winter judging from.fb.
Not many photos. Probably too busy showing off his upbringing on here.

NCummins

I don't know what's going on with this forum, but I'm about tired of every thread about a nice fish or nice catch turning into a D measuring contest about someone that isn't even on the forum anymore.
Quit acting like you have something to prove guys.
Some people like catching giant bass in tiny farm ponds. Some of us like chasing wild fish in big water, both are fishing and neither is better than the other.
Knock the chips off your shoulders.

To the OP: That's an awesome spot, I would be getting a replica mount made for sure.

Rippa Lip

I don't know what's going on with this forum, but I'm about tired of every thread about a nice fish or nice catch turning into a D measuring contest about someone that isn't even on the forum anymore.
Quit acting like you have something to prove guys.
Some people like catching giant bass in tiny farm ponds. Some of us like chasing wild fish in big water, both are fishing and neither is better than the other.
Knock the chips off your shoulders.

Well said :clap: enough is enough

Mrbowdeadly

+3

Great fish man, ill be chasing some soon, hope to do as well as you!

MBD

JRDIII

Thank you, yes well said. I can't stand all the nonsense over fish weights. I'm content with just congratulating the man on an amazing catch, and there shouldn't be any harm in pointing out it looks bigger than 6 lbs., because in the photo it does. I caught a five-pounder on Lanier last year and it looked a whole lot smaller than that hog. Thanks to jivarie for telling us honestly what it actually weighed. BTW, the state record for a spot is 8 lbs., 2 oz.