More Aging Quizzes

ProAngler

Pretty much what I've been trying to say. I will add that after doing it for ten years I disagree with harvesting too many does. When we took out a lot of does we lost bucks too. So I like a 2 does tomebry mature buck ratio.

Also what you said makes perfect sense. But I stil feel like it's undeniable that we effect genetics when we harvest a deer. The overall effects may be microscopic but they would still be effects.[/QUOTE

True, but that's like saying a drop of water rises a lakes level.

BassHunter25

But if everyone adds a drop of water? Same way qdm works better when the neighbors cooperate. I am gonna try to research some of the studies on genetics. A guy today that said he watched a show that said 70 percent of a bucks antler genetics comes from the doe. I would like to fact check that. I am under the impression they pass on genes just like humans do. 50/50 male sperm decides the gender. And they receive dominant and recessive genes from both. I will leave it be for now and do some research.

I just keep thinking about different scenarios. What if it was only legal to shoot 6 points and does in ga? Besides the trend of hunters trying to then grow bigger 6 points. What would it look like in ten years? From what I understand all the research shows that there won't be much difference? But I feel like there would be less six points and a bunch of really big 8's and above.