Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Non-Native Invasive Species > Feral Hogs: Everything hog dog

Old 02-12-2018, 12:39 PM
Default Little help for someone new to hog hunting...

I've hunted the hills of Northwest Georgia my entire life. I'm 31 years old, and have been a responsible breeder of American Pitbulls for almost two decades now. I've decided I really am serious about getting into hunting hogs with dogs, but I need a little help. I'm looking for someone to point me in the right direction as far as catch dog training and hunting my dogs goes. My dogs are extremely athletic, tough, smart, fast, big, strong, and no doubt about it, they are game. Would any of y'all happen to know anyone that would share some knowledge with me? Maybe we could even get together and work my dogs so that I know I'm doing right by them.
Old 02-15-2018, 12:07 PM

" workin " a catch dog nowadays is something that should be done privately the bunny huggers have a field day over stuff like that Good luck
Old 02-18-2018, 02:04 PM

you gotta find em and bay em before ya catch em. a good bred cur will do it all !! I rather just get em bayed and make the kill quick !! But then again, I ain't into watching a dog tear a pigs ear off either !!