Go Back   Georgia Outdoor News Forum > Leases and Land Management and Gardening > Land For Lease - All other states outside of Georgia

Old 02-09-2018, 07:17 AM
Default 7,000 Acres in NW Kansas

UPDATE: All deer hunting member slots are filled for 2018-19 season. Only Spring 2019 turkey member slots are open.
7,000-acre farm near Saint Francis, KS. It is NW corner of Kansas. Kansas Unit 1. Republican River runs through the lease. Landscape is mix of pasture, row crops, and timber along the river. Primary crops are alfalfa, corn, wheat and milo. Excellent whitetail, mule deer and turkey hunting.

The same family has owned the farm since the 1930s. We have a 10-year lease that includes a furnished house on the farm. To keep it exclusive and high quality, the lease is limited to 6 deer hunting members at $5,500 each and 6 Spring turkey-only members at $1500 each. Members share the furnished house, which is covered by dues.

Last edited by GottaGetOutdoors; 04-26-2018 at 08:50 PM.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:27 AM

GGO due you have any past harvest pics? I would like to see an ariel or two of the property if available.
Old 02-09-2018, 07:47 AM

I have plenty of trail cam pics. No kill pics because there has not been a deer killed on the ranch. Last fall was the first season it has ever been leased. I hunted four days in early muzzleloader season and four days in late season. Saw 64 whitetail bucks on the first hunt including four 170-class and four 160-class bucks. Saw twice that number of mule deer. Did not get the one I wanted in smokepole range. Saw more than enough to be hooked on the farm. It is awesome!

It is easy to pass on these kind of bucks after seeing the studs that I saw in muzzleloader season.

Last edited by GottaGetOutdoors; 02-10-2018 at 07:52 AM.
Old 02-10-2018, 12:07 AM

Let’s see pics of the big boys on cam...
Old 02-10-2018, 07:35 AM

This is one of the better mule deer bucks that I saw. Fairly common to see 30+ mule deer a day in that area. I hope to draw a mule deer tag this year.

Last edited by GottaGetOutdoors; 02-10-2018 at 08:11 AM.
Old 02-12-2018, 12:53 PM

I don’t know GGO well but from what I do know, he has excellent set ups and is a straight dealer.

Looks like an awesome place.

Good luck!!!
Old 02-18-2018, 07:27 PM

I might have some interest in the Mule Deer hunt but how are you going to get 3 MD hunters and 3 WT hunters? It's a draw for the MD and hard to get as a NR. If you took me as a MD hunter but I ended up not drawing then how would you handle that? Thanks

Lee
Old 02-18-2018, 08:12 PM

Mule deer draw rate for non-resident is 16%. Whitetail deer draw rate is 82% for non-resident. Playing the odds means you will get drawn 8 out of 10 years, of which 6-7 will be whitetail only and 1-2 will be mule deer. On the year that you aren't drawn, you have the option of holding your member spot by paying price dues. You still get to use the house to hunt pheasants, prairie chickens, etc. I anticipate that KS residents will want the mule deer membership since they can get it easier than non-residents. This farm is the best mule deer ground in Kansas, and it could easily accommodate if all seven memberships were mule deer hunters.

There is more MD habitat than WT habitat, so my main objective is to limit the farm to no more than 3 WT members. It makes sense to divide us into 3 WT and 3 MD. That approach still leaves room to flex on those years when a non-resident draws a MD tag. In that scenario, we would have 2 WT and 4 MD hunters that season.