Story of Mexico Trip as Requested

caughtinarut

Did you feel safe the entire time? seems like that is where most of the cartels run their show.

wvdawg

Staff member
Did you feel safe the entire time? seems like that is where most of the cartels run their show.

There was the usual skepticism prior to going across the border, but after passing thru the checkpoint search we had no real issues. Absolutely felt safe and secure when we got to our destination.
Only saw military presence at the entrances to gold and copper mines that we passed. Our guide was also a seasoned traveler to Mexico and made the trip much less of a concern.

Thanks guys.
Dennis

Gaswamp

Nice

wvdawg

Staff member
Thanks Tristan and Joe.
Just waiting on the mount now.

wvdawg

Staff member
Raleigh - Glad to see you checking in - hope you are doing better.
Thanks so much my friend.
DJ

95g atl

So pretty.... thanks for sharing them!
man, sometimes I truly miss the WEST.

wvdawg

Staff member
Thank you.

Lukikus2

Congratulations on the slam and beautiful bird and thanks for sharing. I couldn't help but notice the cous headgear in that sunset post. Where those found? Those are some nice cous racks.

wvdawg

Staff member
Thanks Lukikus2. Yes, most of those were found by the ranchers. Some were real nice racks for a Cous - tags are a huge commodity for the Mexican government and the rancher makes a larger profit per head from his deer than from his cattle. Most of these were probably the result of predation from Mountain Lions. I found two fresh kills while turkey hunting. The outfitter had killed a huge cat there just a couple weeks prior to our hunt. Sadly, the lions cannot be transported back through customs without the proper paperwork so they just get left in the woods like a coyote in the USA.

Lukikus2

I've often wondered if I could outsmart a Cous deer. But you sitting and calling in full camo with so many predators around had to make the hair on the back of your neck stand up! Lol

Got anymore pic's?