Puppy vaccines

TMeadows45

Just picked up three beagles hoping to turn them into rabbit runnin fools. The man I got them from said that they had received their first 2 rounds of vaccines and were ready for their third. The puppy's are five and a half months old and i was wondering if the spectra 9 vaccine from tractor supply would be ok to give to them for their third round of immunizations. Friend of mine said to get the spectra 7 but apparently those are no longer available, according to the guy working at tractor supply. Any response would be appreciated!

Joe Overby

The 9 is fine BUT the pups are waaaaaaaay overdue for them. They should receive their 1st round at 6 weeks, the second at 9 weeks and the third around 12 weeks with a rabies vaccine at 16 weeks along with a lepto booster.

TMeadows45

The 9 is fine BUT the pups are waaaaaaaay overdue for them. They should receive their 1st round at 6 weeks, the second at 9 weeks and the third around 12 weeks with a rabies vaccine at 16 weeks along with a lepto booster.

Dang so is it going to hurt to go ahead and give this? Is there something else I need to do to catch them back up?

Joe Overby

I would consult a vet with a vaccine protocol to get you back on track...my .02...

TMeadows45

I would consult a vet with a vaccine protocol to get you back on track...my .02...

Actually went by the vet today and they said to just start over with the sequence like you stated...shots now wait three weeks shots again...wait three weeks shots again and then an annual booster. Thanks for your help!

Nannyman

You should research the new protocols for vaccines. University Vet Schools have changed them dramatically. Many Vets have not changed because it cuts into their profits.