bird kill in bartow co?

Hardy

GONetwork Member
I'd like to know also. Before we lost the old forum the thread had been updated a few times but I don't think anyone was ever charged ::huh:

Jeff Young wrote and posted a well written letter and planned to send it to GON with hopes of getting answers but we need to check with him and find out if he received any response from his letter.

dbodkin

Thought AL posted something a while back as a follow up.... ::huh:

GeauxLSU

Oh No!!!!

That reminds me! I had made several calls on that and posted names of numbers of contact people to call. I intentionally did it for two reasons. One I wanted others to have the info to make calls themselves and two, I planned on using THAT as my reference to do follow up calls! :(
I'm also pretty sure I didn't keep the written notes I had.... :mad: :banginghe :(
Hunt/fish safely,
Phil

Al33

Contact Info

A few months back I spoke with Jim McKenzie with the USFS Internal Afairs Division at 404-679-7291. There was also an Elsie Davis there I had spoken with last year. Basically, I was told it was still under investigation, therefore little or no information could be given out. I was also told it was not unusual for a case of this nature to take as long as five years to adjudicate.

It certainly would not hurt for others to call and ask about it just to let them know it has not been forgotten. If you do call, please post any info gained from the call. Might want to start a new thread in the Hunting Forum. ::huh:

I would not be so interested in this case were it not for the political implications. I just believe had it been you or me we would have already been legally hanged. Someone needs to be held accountable for the massive bird kill. There is not a problem adjuciating an offense of one bird over the legal bag limit, as it should be, but we are talking thousands of birds of all kinds here.

Al

Last edited:

Mechanicaldawg

Roosevelt Ranger
I did indeed send my letter to GON.

They have "passed it around".

It doesn't appear that they are doing anything with it at this time.

DanSmith

Banned
cover up ? all the way to the top??

:eek:
Jeff Young said:
I did indeed send my letter to GON.

They have "passed it around".

It doesn't appear that they are doing anything with it at this time.
sounds like the state has done some bud nippin --- keep us small people in the dark to keep there govt. jobs .
you know how I feel about these PEOPLE ==tool==