Firearm Discharge Laws

bpryor

How's it going, folks? Been a minute or two since I've posted on here. Anyways, Spalding county has recently decided to essentially outlaw shooting on residential property. If I'm not mistaken, I seem to remember a few threads about that being illegal for them to do in our great state. It someone could direct me to a link or a law that says that, I'd be greatly appreciative. They're trying to outlaw shooting guns, air rifles, bows, you name it. A bit ridiculous. Thanks in advance, and if I'm in the wrong place, move me where I need to go. Thanks!

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Transplanted yankee county commissioners?

greg_n_clayton

I can't show ya a link, but I do know about laws about not shooting X number of feet from a residence and X number of feet from a road. I do know also that Cities can make their own laws (ordinances). I can set in my yard, and hear shots being fired all around. Shooting in these parts is very popular !! I set in my knowledge chair, open the back door across the room, and shoot across the room, out the door, at crows in the trees out back !!

I'm wondering what the heck they are thinking?? There is no mention of property size (acreage?) and just why would it matter when you are hundreds of yards from a road or dwelling and you still cannot because you are 50 YARDS from an adjoining piece of property(??)

***"It would be a blanket prohibition on the discharge of firearms without the consent of the owner within 300 feet of any residence or 150 feet of any property line. It would attempt to impose a one-size-fits-all solution without taking into consideration the direction of discharge or the use of certain noise reduction measures."***

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180406/georgia-spalding-county-to-vote-on-discharge-ordinance

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
I can’t even shoot a sling shot within 1000’ of a dwelling and I’m in no city limits, Clayton Co. I live on 9 acres. facepalm:

I have sighted in my rifle and shot handguns. I reckon it depends on your neighbors for the most part.