Best waders for the money?

MudDucker

Staff member
I've got some Cabelas that are 4 years old and doing fine. Got some light weight ones from bass pro and they leaked inside of a month.

obadiah

I had some Cabelas supermags that I bought 7 years ago. They finally started leaking last season so I brought them back and they replaced them with a new pair for free!

JMB

Hands down Banded breathables. They've outlasted my Lacrosse and two pair of Drake waders a buddy had. I can't say enough good things about them.

mizzippi jb

Welcome back.
Hands down Banded breathables. They've outlasted my Lacrosse and two pair of Drake waders a buddy had. I can't say enough good things about them.

Bad as I hate the Banded branding, their waders are top notch. Cabelas are great too, but with the quilted breatheables it feels like you're wearing deer hunting bibs with boots on.

duckhunter06853

To all the people that have waders for 3 plus seasons, how do you do it. Every pair I have starts leaking in the seams, I rip a hole in them hiking into a hole or wading around. I have ripped boots off, what's the secret? Last three years I have been wearing only breathables since we do a lot of walking and long wades to get to holes. Last season I had a pair of cabelas breathables that were the pair they advertised as the toughest. They did last the season but had to cover a mojority of the seams with shoe goo. Traded the in at the end of the season for a new pair.

I'm in the same boat as you are. I only get about 3 maybe 4 seasons on my waders and for some reason the price on waders keeps climbing. I've used Lacrosse in the past always, and love them. But curious of the Banded or Drake breathable are worth a shot for durability. I've read a few reviews, however I could buy two pairs of waders for the price of the banded ones.

Quackmasterofgeorgia

I'm in the same boat as you are. I only get about 3 maybe 4 seasons on my waders and for some reason the price on waders keeps climbing. I've used Lacrosse in the past always, and love them. But curious of the Banded or Drake breathable are worth a shot for durability. I've read a few reviews, however I could buy two pairs of waders for the price of the banded ones.
Try and find welded seams instead of stitched seams. Stitches always unravel and leak faster than one with welded seams.

Woadie

I’ve had drake waders and Cabela’s Superman’s. I love the supermags. The drake waders never never fit my ankeles right.

mbentle2

Cabelas Breathables are the best I have had. One pair is 6 years old with 2 patches and the other is 2 years old with no patches. Next pair will be the banded breathable.

Sterling

How are banded breathables compared to Gator Wader breathables?

BaldofPate

This will be my third season wearing banded breathables. The previous ten or twelve I only used neoprene. I still have a thick pair of neoprene for trips north or when it gets really cold here, but I won't go back to them unless I just have too. The breathhables are great. I think a lot of the time the life expectancy of waders can also be attributed to how you store them in the off season. I always rinse mine, let them dry, and put them in a plastic bin till next season in a temperature controlled area. If neoprene waders sit in a boat, shed, garage, or anywhere they are exposed to heat and the elements they will have a good chance to dry rot.