Jasper County

formula1

Daily Bible Verse Organizer
re:

If there is any activity it should be right about now. I have pics of bucks and does through Dec 7th hitting scrapes, but nothing after that.

B. White

Should be now, but no sign of it on 83 near Forsyth I saw very few does and a lot of bucks this year, so I’d guess it is possible there were very few unbread does here.

Condor

Deer on the White Oak acorns heavy, small bucks are starting to follow and agitate the does. Big bucks still not chasing. Lots of scrapes showing up in the woods. I look for this weekend to have a lot of deer movement

Mr Bya Lungshot

BANNED LUNATIC FRINGE
Little to zero sign located and minimum shots heard in eight fulldays over the past two weeks. The area seems to hold very few if any deer anymore. I got excited just seeing random tracks. Not the first rub seen old or new.

Condor

I saw 29 deer, 9 bucks included, in 3 sets this weekend. All the deer were 2,4 ,6 points and closely following does. Pretty much if you saw a doe moving steadily through an area, get ready because a buck was coming in the next few minutes. Did not see a single buck twice. I believe the big deer have not started chasing yet, but will as soon as this rain lets off. I intend to Hunt all day Friday, Saturday & Sunday.

A few of the bucks have swollen necks and dark hocks but most did not.

The funny part came on Sunday about 1:00 in the afternoon, when I went to pull a card from a camera on the end of a club that we have not hunted this year. I a driving my 4-wheeler down to the bottoms, turned a corner and there is the largest deer I have ever seen alive in the woods, It looked like a Brahma Bull with horns. Of course, I do not have my gun with me so all I could do is watch as it loped away. I will be hunting in that end of the club this coming weekend, which I believe could be the best weekend of the year for movement of big deer.

All the scrapes have gone cold. Got to hunt White Oak Acorns, which are still falling but tapering off. Red oaks are falling. Need to get close to where the does are hanging out.

Baracus

I started to see good movement 8-10 when the rain would let up. Last sat and sunday saw alot. But tgat rain mon-wed killed it for me. Couldnt get back to woods until today, didnt see a thing this am. I agree with above, scrapes have dried up for almost 2 weeks. Found alot of acorns on the ground today.

Condor

Hunted Friday, Saturday, Sunday - 5 sits - saw total of 25 deer. Does, 1-8point, 6, 4, & spikes. Best sits were Friday and Saturday morning. Sunday temps started to go up and deer movement died. The funny thing is they were not chasing at all. Not even interested in the other sex. The hocks are getting darker so I would have thought they would be chasing. The property I’m on has a doe to buck ration of about 3-1. Judging from the GON rut map the big deer must be locked up with does, I’m just not seeing anything. I am guessing the weekends of Dec 1-2 and Dec 8-9 would be good with the echo rut. Any experienced Jasper hunters have any ideas about the timing of the rut this year?

Baracus

The last 3 years i have hunted jasper. Between nov 10-18 is when i have seen all my bucks moving. With the days around thr 16-18 being when i saw and got my big ones.

Condor

Hunted during the cold weather this week, deer have moved off acorns to food plots and corn feeders. Need to hunt the trails going to the new food sources. Did not see a single deer in areas they had been thick in several weeks ago.

ditchdoc24

How's the hunting been this year?
Anyone seeing any rut activity near Highway 83?

The hunting has been pretty good. I've heard of some good bucks hitting the ground and chasing is starting to happen. I killed a decent 8 pointer on 10/20 and have been seeing a lot of deer movement at night. I was coming home yesterday from picking my daughter up from school and saw a doe run across the road ahead of me. I slowed down and had a small buck run out in front of me in hot pursuit of the doe. That was on Post Rd which is in the north part of the county.