carb rebuild process Marietta

FootLongDawg

i am refurbishing a 1977 Jeep CJ5 with a 258ci engine. I think it is a 4.0L 2 barrel. It is getting a remanufactured engine installed now and not knowing the history of the carb, I want to either exchange for a rebuilt carb or get the existing one rebuilt, or maybe even try to find a Holley. Does anyone know a good carb man around Marietta or close by Marietta that could give me advise

rospaw

Should be a Carter BBd if it is a 2 barrel? Both of mine 74/78 have carter Yf (single barrel) on the 258's. I tried a holley on the 74 after the motor was build. Never could get it to run real well being a fresh/complete build including heads. Ended up pulling the new holley and built the YF. Ran great and still does after 20plus years.
Was a builder in Marietta off fairground st if i remember right.
If you can't build it yourself then i would go ebay route for a rebuilt one or Go to a NAPA / carquest and ask one of the commercial account guys (deals with shops only, not a reg counter guy) and see if he knows who can build it.

boatbuilder

Get a Webber!

I replaced the single barrel Carter on mine with a Webber and it really smoothed it out.

It was a different engine though.