Opinons

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
How many here ever been to the eastern shore?

Spent five years up that way at the Ship Yard in Newport News. Got over to east shore a couple of times. Hunted with a friend of mine and all I can remember is that I had never seen that many ducks in my life. Seemed like we killed some Sea Ducks and Black Ducks. I love that area and a trip up there would just be worth it for the Crab cakes and other Bay seafood,

Spent five years up that way at the Ship Yard in Newport News. Got over to east shore a couple of times. Hunted with a friend of mine and all I can remember is that I had never seen that many ducks in my life. Seemed like we killed some Sea Ducks and Black Ducks. I love that area and a trip up there would just be worth it for the Crab cakes and other Bay seafood,

Great food and great Hunting.:cheers:

Don't get me wrong Arkansas can be Great to. The number of folks is what I worry about. I have not been in several years but it was good when I went.

deast1988

I was privileged enough to hunt a Private lease. They paid around $46,000 a member per season. Was the most insane trips of my life. They pumped the holes with water. They flooded the fields but never touched the fields. As far as hunting went strictly hunted woods. It was a fantastic experience. We limited out one morning something like 64 mallards in 40mins. Loads of fun I'm totally for Arkansas An wish everyone could see that.

Have you ever hunted the eastern shore? My mother was born and raised in Arkansas. I was born in Mississippi with in a mile of the Mississippi. Nothing like hunting flooded timber, rice fields. I think Arkansas, Louisiana and Mississippi are great. This is one kind of hunting. Wadding the timber playing in the Delta Buckshot mud is great fun and can be very productive hunting.
It's very hard to compare that kind of duck hunting to hunting saltwater bays , coves and open water.
Myself I will go to the eastern shore and hunt there ,any chance I get.

across the river

Just got conformation this morning we will be headed north, We will be going in January.

It will be a fun trip. If you are into mounts, save up some money, because you will likely kill some sea ducks you probably won't ever see again unless you go back.

Barebowyer

I am born and raised in the Virginia beach area just across the bay bridge tunnel. I have hunted the Eastern Shore of Virginia every year since I have been hunting just about. I just turned 43. I have hunted the bay and sea sides of the ES in Northampton and Accomack counties and it is a great area. The goose hunting limits were rough for a while due to some illegal activity especially up in MD. If you want a black duck, it's definitely the place to go. Lots of variety and lots of grey ducks typically inland marshes and widgeons with good weather. The sea ducks are found not too far off shore and inland as well. I kill lots of scoters on the mainland rivers when the water is rough, etc even from small vessels. Lemme know if I can help. I may be there during the same time actually.

sadler2

It will be a fun trip. If you are into mounts, save up some money, because you will likely kill some sea ducks you probably won't ever see again unless you go back.

Definitely gonna pinch some pennies for the taxi bill, just need the birds to be there.

sadler2

I am born and raised in the Virginia beach area just across the bay bridge tunnel. I have hunted the Eastern Shore of Virginia every year since I have been hunting just about. I just turned 43. I have hunted the bay and sea sides of the ES in Northampton and Accomack counties and it is a great area. The goose hunting limits were rough for a while due to some illegal activity especially up in MD. If you want a black duck, it's definitely the place to go. Lots of variety and lots of grey ducks typically inland marshes and widgeons with good weather. The sea ducks are found not too far off shore and inland as well. I kill lots of scoters on the mainland rivers when the water is rough, etc even from small vessels. Lemme know if I can help. I may be there during the same time actually.

Thanks for the advice. What kind of weather should I expect? Never been further north then Ten. so I'm afraid I may freeze.