Help with neighbor's barking dog

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Stuff like that is why I refuse to live any place where I have to live next to anybody. I just get to hear cows mooing, roosters crowing, donkeys braying, and alpacas screeching. :)

grizzlyblake

Most counties have ordinances that address nuisance pets. I know Cherokee County specifically addressed barking dogs. Call your local Marshall or Animal Control office and talk to someone.

PappyHoel

PappyHoel

Stuff like that is why I refuse to live any place where I have to live next to anybody. I just get to hear cows mooing, roosters crowing, donkeys braying, and alpacas screeching. :)

You sure we arent neighbors to include the alpacas. I have all those where I live.

Jack Ryan

So how's this dog thing working out by now?

We have some new "neighbors" about a quarter mile away. Sounds like a dog pound every time any one is out side or comes or goes. Just far enough to me that it's no worse than the yapping useless mutt the other way.

I tried out the deer whistles off a car last night but I can hear those like any other whistle and it didn't seem to have any affect at all on dogs in any direction.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
You sure we arent neighbors to include the alpacas. I have all those where I live.

They sure make some interesting noises, don't they? Sounds like Jurassic Park when a couple of the males get to fighting.

Jack Ryan

I was out by my camp fire last evening about ten minutes before sun down. Bark bark bark, yip yip, repeat. Since about 4 pm. I suddenly got the urge to shoot around of trap and set up my clay thrower and got out my trap gun. Took me to a little past dark to shoot 50.

Ya know, I haven't heard those dogs since. I barked back at 'em while I was reloading the shot gun every time and talked loudly to my own dog. We were thinking about shoot a hundred that could go on all day, for days if I got motivated. And they know it.

B

BornNRaised

There is a thing we use...on nuisance animals.........i forget what it is.......

rvick

A row of thick hedges or trees helps muffle the sound.