Silver Britches

Official Sports Forum Birthday Thread Starter
Man, Auburn looks absolutely pathetic! facepalm:

Let's Go Mercer! :cool:

MCBUCK

Da Bears.

Silver Britches

Auburn either seriously sucks, or hungover from the loss to Clemson last week.

Silver Britches

17-3 Allburnt

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
THank goodness I can't see it

DannyW

After seeing Loserville get hammered by Clemson, I am confused about what kind of team Auburn really is: are they the team that lost by only 8 points at Clemson's place, or the team that had you going "uh-oh" midway through the 4th quarter playing Mercer at Jordan-Hare?

LanierSpots

After seeing Loserville get hammered by Clemson, I am confused about what kind of team Auburn really is: are they the team that lost by only 8 points at Clemson's place, or the team that had you going "uh-oh" midway through the 4th quarter playing Mercer at Jordan-Hare?

Its really difficult to figure out. We made some big stupid mistakes yesterday that kept the game from being totally out of hand but did make some improvements. Stidham looked better but still is not seeing the middle of the field. Guys are wide open across the middle and he just can not see them. His accuracy is fantastic and guys caught the ball better yesterday.

On the other hand, 5 turnovers is unacceptable in any game but especially against a inferior opponent. The int was a good play by their cover guy and our guy just being lazy and not going get the ball. Id accept that one but 4 fumble is not good. Fortunately, thats usually pretty easy to fix

Back to your Clemson comments. The odd thing about that game is, we were sacked 11 times which is kind of like video game stuff but in all, had a opportunity to beat them on their own field. Our defense kept them to 14 points and we had first and goal twice and only got two field goals. Just crazy

Clemson is by far a better team right now but having a good defense kept us in a position to compete with them.

No idea what we have. We made some good improvements and fell back some in other areas.....

Our defense looks about as good as it can get right now. Would love to see the offense get something flowing

DannyW

Agree on the defense...Auburn may win only 8-9 games but the defense should keep them competitive in every one.

Three concerns, or maybe not...after all they are only 3 games into the season:

• Offensive line...11 sacks in one game? I have never even heard of that many sacks in any game at any level.
  • After his huge sophomore season, I thought if Pettway could improve just a little, and stay healthy, he might be in the Heisman discussion this year. But while he averaged 6 yards per carry in 2016, he is closer to 3 YPC so far this season.
  • And last year Daniel Carlson was Mr. Automatic. He missed only once inside 50 yards and just hammered every kick. He has already missed 2 very makeable kicks this year, and a couple others just seemed to sneak between the uprights. He seems a little tentative. And field goals might be super important this year with their defense keeping the score low.
But again, it's early and a 3-game sample size might be too small to draw conclusions.

snookdoctor

I watched the game with my wife.
Wifey went to Auburn, I went to Mercer.
She had fun....I had beer.
I'd call that a victory on both sides.:rofl:

LanierSpots

Agree on the defense...Auburn may win only 8-9 games but the defense should keep them competitive in every one.

Three concerns, or maybe not...after all they are only 3 games into the season:

• Offensive line...11 sacks in one game? I have never even heard of that many sacks in any game at any level.
  • After his huge sophomore season, I thought if Pettway could improve just a little, and stay healthy, he might be in the Heisman discussion this year. But while he averaged 6 yards per carry in 2016, he is closer to 3 YPC so far this season.
  • And last year Daniel Carlson was Mr. Automatic. He missed only once inside 50 yards and just hammered every kick. He has already missed 2 very makeable kicks this year, and a couple others just seemed to sneak between the uprights. He seems a little tentative. And field goals might be super important this year with their defense keeping the score low.
But again, it's early and a 3-game sample size might be too small to draw conclusions.

Its always hard to tell with us after just three games. For some reason, it takes us a few games to get up to speed. Its a Gus thing

I am not worried about Carlson. He wont make every field goal for 4 years. LOL. He will be fine. He was so consistent last year, everyone expects him to make every single field goal. He will be fine

Pettway still does not look 100%. He may not be. With Johnson hurt, we may be a little thin at RB when it comes to a back who can carry the load. Not a great situation

No comments on the Oline. No idea whats going on there. They played better last week but that was Mercer. Plus, not sure we will face another line like Clemson so who knows.

weagle

Gus's offense just does not work without a dual threat QB. And that dual threat needs to be heavily weighted toward a big play run threat. Also I don't think we have thrown to the TE in forever.

D looks solid.