look what I saw this weekend

transfixer

So wouldn't essentially covering up your deer with a tarp still have sun hitting tarp? Wouldn't said tarp keep heat in? No air circulating around it sounds like a slow bake under a tarp.

It also offends me that you single out 5 or 6 year old girl! I know 5 or 6 year old boys that cry also. Why discriminate by singling out the girls?

:) As I mentioned, I use a Vietnam era body bag, its made out of material similar to cordura nylon, but does let air in and out, its dark enough it blocks the rays of the sun, and with two or three,, or more bags of ice inside it works rather well at keeping them cool, I've used one for at least 20yrs, maybe longer,

and yes, I guess I wasn't being politically correct, not mentioning boys, the only reason I mentioned that is a long time ago, I was probably still a teenager, and had a deer tied to my tailgate, I remember a little girl pulling up next to us at a light, seeing the deer and making a sad face pointing at it,, call me a softie I guess,, but its kinda stuck with me ever since. :rolleyes:

transfixer

Obviously no ones mind is going to be changed over this, to each his own, to me the most important thing is respect for the animal, and taking the best care possible of the meat, so that it can be enjoyed and used and not wasted, to me that means keeping it covered if at all possible and as cool as possible until I get it cut up and processed, starting this year I plan on doing the no gut method of cutting them up , just as soon as they are down, so mine will come home in a cooler on ice for this season at least. Unless I decide the no gut method doesn't work for me, So I won't even need the bag I use if everything works out. If you want to ride around with your deer on the tailgate, have at it,, by all means this is America ! exercise your freedom ! :cool:

one hogman

My only point in bringing this thread back up was all the things that are happening now, the things that have changed in the past ten years. It isn't going to matter how much we cover up, how many times we go out of our way not to step on someone else's toes... politically correct hasn't gotten anyone anywhere. They could care less if I love hunting. They could care less if it upsets me to see these Confederate statues desecrated and hauled off to be hidden somewhere. Everything about that picture is speculation. Maybe they were hauling it 5 hours in the sun. Maybe they were hauling it 5 miles down the road to the processor. Maybe they have more money than brains. All I see when I look at that picture is a fine buck that I would be proud to shoot and there is no shame in that and nothing to hide.

Debbie we need lots more people out there that think like you, especially seving in public office, you ever think about running??:banana::banana:

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
If you can't identify with this I got nothing for you.

Attachments

• cave man painting.jpg
    cave man painting.jpg
    225.1 KB · Views: 41

elfiii

Admin
Staff member

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
:cool: :fine: Kill critters, make fire, eat. :cheers:

BCAPES

Yep! Truth. I cannot imagine anyone taking a special trip to Wally World to get a tarp or to plan on taking one to cover their kill so as not to draw negative attention.

You know, call me rebelious, call me a redneck... Lets take the bible and prayer out of school, bury the confederate flag,
cover up the buck.... Not if its mine. I don't care if its politically incorrect, you got to stand for something or you'll fall for
anything. Well I stand for what I believe in, born and raised in the south, and I love that song by
Anthony Smith "If that Ain't Country" (gotta 12 pt. buck laid across the HOOD!). :eek: