Wild flowers or weeds

Ga-Spur

I had some tall plants with bright yellow flowers to come up in my clover. These plants get about 6 ' tall and spread at the top . May have 12 to 15 bright flowers on them. I don't know what they are. I went down to Statesboro today and saw a lot of the same plants along the fields and in fields. Some one throw out some names and I'll look them up. I have already looked in my references book and couldn't find them. I don't recall ever seeing this plant before.It may have been in the clover.

chipchop

Yellow flowers

It may be coffee plant.I have it on edges of plots in Hancock,yellow flowers this time of year.

SWAMPFOX

Sicklepod

Sometimes called coffee bean. It is awful. It has absolutely no food value for any wildlife. It is toxic. Nothing eats it. It thrives in disturbed ground. I quit planting summer plots due to sicklepod and bermuda grass. Seeds can lie dormant for a long time and then the slightest soil disturbance and they're b-a-a-a-c-k.

Controlling sicklepod can be a full time job. There are chemicals for it but I don't recall what they are. It looks as if it would be a great wildlife plant but it isn't.

Ga-Spur

This looks more like wild lettuce than anything else except the leaves should be larger.Sandra what is this?