Got Ossabaw!

Just got the email that my group was chosen for Ossabaw, which will be our first time. Any advice from the veterans out there?

tetonbrandy

Got drawn for the 9-11 hunt as well. My first time and I'm not with a group so I'll be flying solo as a newbie. Should be interesting.

Rich Kaminski

I got 1st Chickasawatchee hunt

Anyone else get this hunt? There are two of us. We have a large tent and might be taking our climbing stands. We also have ATV's so no problem with blocking roads, just drag animals to the ATV's and load them up. You are welcome to join us and stay in our tent.

rogers001

Tetonbrandy- Our group got drawn for the Nov 9-11 hunt also. Should be a good time, it always has been on past trips there. Advice I have for a 1st timer is to put your gear in something that rolls. Large wheeled trash cans are good. It can be a long walk with your gear to the camp sites. You can go over to the island at Noon on Tuesday now and set up your camp. Check-In is Wednesday morning starting between 9 and 10 when the DNR folks come down to the Check Station. If you think you will need it, bring it with you. Unless you bring a boat, once over there, you are there. Send me a PM if you want more information. Look for us on the island. There will be 3 of us.

ben300win

There is power and hot showers at the bath house. Bring everything. Toilet paper too. Flip flops for the showers as that concrete can get cold. Lots of bug spray or thermacell. We bring an ez up. Honestly next time I'm just gonna sleep in it with a cot. Mine has zipper walls with it. They will trailer you into the hunt areas you hunt. They also have a deer cooler to hang your deer in. Watch out for snakes and even Gators. Hogs are plentiful. Good eating too. I bought a 70.00 wheeled DeWalt box that is perfect. In most places you can hunt off the ground. If you want to bring a climber you can. You will need to charter a boat to get you to and from the island thru Killkenny marina. Cost about 75.00 per person round trip.