Okay to take gravel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dialer

There's several medium piles of gravel at an intersection south of town. It's been there forever and has weeds growing up through it. Would It be okay to take a small bed full? (Morally AND legally?)

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
is it yours?

if not, it is theft, plain and simple.

That was easy, huh?

T-N-T

It's property of the DOT i bet. So sure, get some.

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
I have always wondered that. About 5 years ago the state poured a pile of rock by a road up here, I could use it, but it aint mine, so I don't mess with it.

Anvil Head

If you have to ask here, ("Morally and Legally") then it's wrong. Ask the property owner, if on R/W then DOT. Third party "Permission" can land you in jail.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Answer to original question would be no. Doubt it would be legal to get it, but I also doubt if anyone would care if you did.

As far as asking here......that is what THIS section is for. We are here to help, hopefully with our opinions on the Topic. Not to ridicule someone who asks a question.
Glad you asked....... I would try to find out whos property it is actually on, because its theirs.

Dr. Strangelove

There's several medium piles of gravel at an intersection south of town. It's been there forever and has weeds growing up through it. Would It be okay to take a small bed full? (Morally AND legally?)

No and No.

Do you own it? No. Then leave it be.

I kept a boat in a marina in Florida for some years, a long while ago. I got so sick of replacing stolen propellers, batteries, etc., because people thought "If it's just sitting there, I can take it." No. It's not yours, leave it be.

caughtinarut

Talk to the D.O.T. two things will happen: they will say yeah go ahead and get some (doubtful) or they will have someone there picking it up within a few days.

Possum

Banned
I took a utility trailer to the gravel yard and bought a scoop of gravel for $20 and I only had to shovel it once out of the trailer.

Lilly001

gravel is cheap. $20-30 per ton. Go buy some.

It might be relatively inexpensive for a small quantity. But in the Dublin area I have been quoted 400.00+ delivered per load.
I ended up using crush concrete for a little less for my driveway.

specialk

It might be relatively inexpensive for a small quantity. But in the Dublin area I have been quoted 400.00+ delivered per load.
I ended up using crush concrete for a little less for my driveway.

yep.....

Dialer

Just asking, now I get a general consensus.....I'll drive 30 miles to the gravel yard I guess....

Status
Not open for further replies.