Late season advice

mstersmith

As someone not from South Georgia I am searching for advice on late season bucks. I have hunted the same area on Ft Benning for several weeks off and on as weather permits. I have broken my Jeep twice in the mud so I have been wary over the holiday. I saw 14 does one day and this past Saturday I watched 9 more. I have only seen one buck and I jumped him during the sleet storm we had. I have concentrated my efforts in the hard woods near creeks and some of the remaining acorns but they are pretty much gone. From what I have gathered is the nastier the brush the better the odds. Taking a long weekend this weekend in hopes of getting it done. Am I on the right track here? Just want to add this forum has been a wealth of knowledge.

XIronheadX

PF Trump Cam Operator !20/20
Find some young privet maybe. Close to bedding areas. Grasses. Young growth.

Last edited:

superman1275

Find the thickest mess you can find and climb a tree!!!!

elfiii

Admin
Staff member
I'm for travel corridors between bedding and food and water sources right now unless you can find a good food source they are hitting regularly and even then I would want to be on the trail leading to it, not directly on the food source.

MuyGrandeGa

They're bedding in the thick nastiness Ft Benning has to offer, but they're traveling to food because the Acorns are gone especially in areas where you have Hogs on Benning. Travel corridors to and from are my bet this time of year. You'll be surprised at the daylight movement when the cold is here!

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Sounds like u are in the rt spot if u seeing that many , good luck , it can be tough this late !