lite weight climbing stand

predator

Has any one had a long wolf climber stand or can you reccommend one I,am looking for a lite weght stand that is rated for 250 lbs & up? I need one for bow hunting

broadhead

I have an API Bowhunter. Some others on Woody's have them too. I am 6'4" weigh 200lbs and it is a good fit, but w/o a lot of room. (Or should I say w/o a lot of butt room?)I don't know if they make a larger model, but I like mine.

Paul Cataldo

You won't find a better bowhunting stand than the Lonewolf. It packs and carries EASIER than ANYTHING MADE.
It is also MUCH quieter than anything made.
I would get the Sit N Climb, as the hand climber is not quite as comfortable.

littlewolf

Lone wolf

I have a "sit and climb" model which is 19 lbs. I looked at the hand climbers which are only 15.5 lbs but for the extra 3.5 lbs I like the security of the sit and climb. I can doze off in it without worrying about falling out. They both use the same platform which I can tell you is flat out awesome - bites hard and never creaks. The built in bow holder is nice too. The belt system is simple and it's quick and quiet.

I also tried out the summit stands cause on paper they were just a few lbs heavier but a good bit cheaper. The lone wolf folds flatter, is less bulky, and quicker/quieter to set up/fold down/and climb. To be fair, the Summit is probably a bit more comfortable but that was further down on my criteria. To each his own but I am happy I spent the extra money for what I got :D If there's a comparable stand out there i couldn't find it...

Scouter

API Grand Slam

I have used my APAI Grand Slam for several years now. It weighs 22 lbs but I think they have made it even lighter. Somewhere I read they weigh 19 or 20 lbs now. It is a very comforatble stand, Sometimes too comfortable and sleeps well also.

Good luck this seand and Be safe.

jeepguru

Fyi

Just for reference, not downing Summit but none of there stands weigh what they advertise. My buddy just ordered a Bushmaster XLS from Summit. In ads in said 16lbs, on the box it said 16lbs, pulled it out and weigh it on big fish scales 19.2lbs! Also the same buddy has a steel model Viper that was advertised to weigh 23 lbs, well it weighs in at 32lbs. Very comfartable to sit in but a lot to haul if its over a mile.

BTW I am also in the market for a new lightwieght, highly portable bow hunting stand. I have looked at the Lone Wolf stands and another comparable one to look at is the North Starr, All Starr Climber. Sit down, stand up style with cables, 16 lbs advertised.

EDIT: Looked them both up in Cabelas Archery

Lone Wolf sit/stand 329.99

North Starr sit/stand 169.99

Both include backpack straps

Let us know which one you decide and how it works as I plan on buying one soon. Later Justin

Last edited:

Bow Only

No other stand even compares to the Lone Wolf Sit & Climb for bow hunting. Save your money and get one. My modified Lone Wolf comes in at 18.5lbs with strapper retriever, quiver bracket, and bungee cord. Best all around stand by far.

reylamb

Yeah, but you will never find me in any stand but a Summit. They are comfortable and very quiet. For some reason, mine weigh exactly what they advertise. The new X4 series are the quietest I have every used.