College Football Playoff Bracket Announced!

Coenen

Why wait for a measly 4-Team bracket? :banana:

Early talk is that the Committee did their best to pave the way for a James Madison v. North Dakota State final. It certainly does look that way. Meanwhile, I'm going to be cheering on my #3 JSU Gamecocks! A 2nd round matchup with those upstarts from Kennesaw would be pretty juicy!
DPAfb_3U8AAQPkK.jpg

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
There was some talk of the big10 scheduling N Dakota state at one time but nobody was willing to take a chance at a loss to a "cupcake team". Now they can't schedule fcs teams. Has Bama scheduled them in recent years or the near future

Coenen

I'd like to say that Iowa scheduled NDSU a couple years ago, and took a big, fat "L" for their trouble. I believe the Hawkeyes were ranked at the time as well. That's a good program up there in Fargo.

Are you from Jacksonville coenen?
Nah, I'm from GA; I went to school at JSU. I've really grown to like the FCS tourney. I think because it flies directly in the face of the BCS saying they couldn't possibly have a large scale playoff. I wish it got a little more play though, instead we get stuck with all of the 6-Win teams in the "Toilet Bowl" games.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
I'd like to say that Iowa scheduled NDSU a couple years ago, and took a big, fat "L" for their trouble. I believe the Hawkeyes were ranked at the time as well. That's a good program up there in Fargo.

Nah, I'm from GA; I went to school at JSU. I've really grown to like the FCS tourney. I think because it flies directly in the face of the BCS saying they couldn't possibly have a large scale playoff. I wish it got a little more play though, instead we get stuck with all of the 6-Win teams in the "Toilet Bowl" games.
I agree 100%. I lived and worked in jax from '89- '93. I love the fishing and beachs in that area just to hard to make money in the construction biz

Coenen

I agree 100%. I lived and worked in jax from '89- '93. I love the fishing and beachs in that area just to hard to make money in the construction biz
Different Jacksonville, unfortunately. The JSU Gamecocks are from the booming metropolis that is Jacksonville Alabama. :bounce: There is a Jacksonville University, in Florida, but they're the Dolphins. :D It's a pretty common point of confusion.

Maybe I need to see if JU has a grad program I can get in to, that'll really throw folks off.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**
Different Jacksonville, unfortunately. The JSU Gamecocks are from the booming metropolis that is Jacksonville Alabama. :bounce: There is a Jacksonville University, in Florida, but they're the Dolphins. :D It's a pretty common point of confusion.

Maybe I need to see if JU has a grad program I can get in to, that'll really throw folks off.

:confused: :cheers:

Coenen

Updated bracket going into this weekend's second round games. I'm headed to sunny Jacksonville (Alabama:p) to cheer on the Gamecocks against Kennesaw State's triple option attack.

Cocky has a lot of speed in the linebacking corps, and strength up front to defend the runs, but their back end coverage has me worried when the play action game starts up. We'll see about JSU's offense and special teams as well, to say they've been "uneven" at times would be a compliment. Defense is their calling card though, and that defense is ferocious. If you watch the game, keep an eye out for #40, Darius Jackson. He is a playmaker, and will probably be playing on Sunday's in the future. If you hear his name a lot, things are going well.

FCSPlayoff_2017Week14.jpg

Coenen

Sounding off in the echo chamber...

Semi-Final games this weekend. Sam Houston, who defeated Kennesaw State, goes to The Fargo Dome to face off against the power house that is North Dakota State. On the other side of the bracket, reigning champion James Madison squares off with the Jackrabbits of South Dakota State.

Both games will get national play, and will probably be better than watching the early run "Toilet Bowls"

Remember, the big schools couldn't possibly run a large scale tournament. It would just be too difficult. :bounce:

NDSU's home field advantage is well documented, I think they'll probably defeat Sam Houston fairly handily. James Madison vs. The Jacks is the more interesting matchup, regardless of the outcome, it will make for a compelling championship game.

Screen_Shot_2017_12_09_at_11.42.38_PM.png

Latest posts