Dillard house is burning

jigman29

looks to be a total loss. It's fully engulfed. Lots of history and jobs lost. Praying for all affected.

My apologies or the misinformation. That was just a storage building in the property. I was sharing what I had read on Facebook and it was wrong.

Last edited:

Big7

The Oracle
That's bad news.

They had good food up there.
Was a little high for what is was though.

NE GA Pappy

Mr. Pappy
lots of history going up in smoke. Hope no one is hurt and maybe it can be rebuilt

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
This was posted on Facebook from a Habersham page....

DILLARD HOUSE
A report circulating on Facebook has left people questioning whether the famed Dillard House restaurant burned overnight. It did not, according to WRBN Radio in Clayton.

WRBN reports that there was a fire near the Dillard House, but not on the property. It was a storage building about 200 feet from the restaurant that was completely involved and was a total loss.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team

DILLARD HOUSE
A report circulating on Facebook has left people questioning whether the famed Dillard House restaurant burned overnight. It did not, according to WRBN Radio in Clayton.

WRBN reports that there was a fire near the Dillard House, but not on the property. It was a storage building about 200 feet from the restaurant that was completely involved and was a total loss.

That is good news.Lots of jobs could have been lost last night.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Good to hear.

mguthrie

**# 1 Fan**OHIO STATE**

DILLARD HOUSE

Good to hear. This is why you don't spread Facebook rumors. Wait until you hear from a credible source. Did y'all here? Sylvester Stallone died a couple weeks ago on Facebook :whip:

Duff

Good to hear. This is why you don't spread Facebook rumors. Wait until you hear from a credible source. Did y'all here? Sylvester Stallone died a couple weeks ago on Facebook :whip:

Bet it was that pounding he took from the Russian. Boxing should be regulated. Rip Rock. You were a true champion!

It was on the property. They lost the "cat house". It’s where they chop their vegetables, and they kept a vehicle and a lawnmower in there.

JonathanG2013

Just a storage facility burned down containing tools and lawn mowers. That is a blessing that the fire department took quick action to keep the fire from spreading any more.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Glad it wasn't the Dillard House. Good Groceries!

turkeykirk

It was on the property. They lost the "cat house". It’s where they chop their vegetables, and they kept a vehicle and a lawnmower in there.

Dang! Didn’t know they had a “cat house”. Have only went there for the food!:bounce:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
I guess I'm the only person around who just doesn't see what the fuss about the Dillard House is? I've eaten there a couple times, and thought it was greatly overpriced mediocre food, about on par with Cracker Barrel, if that good. A few steps above a J&S Cafeteria. And the last time, I had a big long hair in my peach cobbler. Nothing there impressed me at all. There are a thousand little diners in north Georgia with better food at a better price, IMO.

Casey81

I guess I'm the only person around who just doesn't see what the fuss about the Dillard House is? I've eaten there a couple times, and thought it was greatly overpriced mediocre food, about on par with Cracker Barrel, if that good. A few steps above a J&S Cafeteria. And the last time, I had a big long hair in my peach cobbler. Nothing there impressed me at all. There are a thousand little diners in north Georgia with better food at a better price, IMO.

You ain’t the only one. I have eaten there one time. And never went back.

jigman29

I have lived here my whole life and never stepped foot in the place to eat. I have had it when catered but that's it. I personally don't like it either.