A few pig stickers / camp knives

Razor Blade

Here are a few that i just finished up. They are made from a farriers file, thats used to trim and shape horses' feet. I took out the temper ,then i surfaced ground them to remove the file teeth, drilled and ground them ,re-applied the heat-treat, and then installed the handles, and ground a false edge on the top of the blade just in the front.
The sheaths will be finished up next week.The blades are 9 inches with an overall length of 14 inches. They look heavy , but are as light as a feather , almost. I ground them with a big 'ol 14 inch hollow grinding wheel to help remove a lot of weight from them . These are great for a camp knife or a pig sticker.Thanks for looking . Scott

Attachments

• 002.JPG
    002.JPG
    406.6 KB · Views: 1,722
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    378.8 KB · Views: 1,530
  • 008.JPG
    008.JPG
    433.4 KB · Views: 1,098
  • 002 (2).jpg
    002 (2).jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 1,228
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    360.6 KB · Views: 977
Last edited:

boneboy96

They look great Scott...I've got a few dozen farriers rasps I've been thinking of trying to make knives and hawks out of. Need a forge and some time...Anvils I have already!

John I. Shore

They are looking great Scott, love that huge hollow grind.

John I.

wvdawg

Staff member
Fantastic look to them! Nice work Scott!

Anvil Head

Man, that's a lot of steel on the floor!
Lookin good Scott.

Razor Blade

For some reason when you take the heat treat out of it BEFORE you gring them , they do not spark near as bad, or try to set the shop on fire.

arcame

sweet.. nice ones scott how bout some pics of the "fish scale side"

Redbow

Those are some great looking Knives.

nkbigdog

As always great job Scott!! When are we going to see the new shop addition??

throwdown

With friends like you, my son will have to go to college in Florida!!! I'm going broke Scott, please stop!!!

Razor Blade

sweet.. nice ones scott how bout some pics of the "fish scale side"

I will get a pic when i get home from work this evening Patrick.

Razor Blade

I would like to see the new shop also. What did you add to it.

I will , maybe next week , should be ready to start taking some pics of the shop. I added a 15 x 24 to the back of the shop , for a leather room on one side ,its about a 15 x 14 . The rest of it about a 10 x 14 is a reloading room , office , get-away room, man cave , you get the picture, just a " somewhere to hide " room. These two rooms are gonna be as dust free as i can make them.The doors are sealedto help also.

Papa bear , i sent you a pm.

Thank you gentlemen for the good words. Scott