Food plot question

BRH

Need some suggestions. I have a couple of 30 to 40 yard strips(about 10 ft wide) in planted pines on a new(to me) hunting club. Both get decent sun and can get an ATV disc in there to turn the soil. Club is covered in hogs and a few bears and I have no desire to spend time and $$ into these strips only to have them rooted up by the hogs. The rest of the club is putting out corn but also love to hog hunt. Any suggestions on something to plant that has a decent chance of not drawing the hogs in droves? Not looking to put big money into for that reason(hogs). Really looking for something that will possibly cause the deer stop and browse in Nov/Dec. Already sprayed with roundup twice with good results. Looking for what may be worth a look and when would you plant in middle GA?
Appreciate any input!

Canuck5

Food Plot advisor extraordinaire !
Based on what you describe and what you want, the cheapest choice (assuming acidic soil) is going to be wheat and crimson clover, planted late September or early October. Not sure the hogs will prefer it over the corn piles, but worth a try.

Forest Grump

Cereal grains & small seeded broadleafs (clover, brassicas). Be sure you get a good kill of ALL the weeds, especially nutsedge & grasses. Plant close to Oct 1 when rain is strongly predicted so the grain doesn't sit in the ground long without germinating. And don't run a feeder near the plot to attract hogs to the area; after they mop up the corn they often root up nearby plots for a little dessert. Go ahead & get some lime down now, if you can; it will improve the palatability of your plot vs those that are acidic.