Sweet Feed for Deer - Pros n Cons

wildlifepro

Banned
Hey wildlifepro i sent you a pm again but havent got anything back??

He Tim,It slipped by me ,sorry about that one .I will email you some info to you tomorrow when I get in the office.

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
I'm learning, good information. I've always used food plots, and fertilized natural browse. Some hunt the food plots, I never have unless I was on an invited hunt, and that's where they put me. In our woods, have never seen a big buck shot on one of our food plots. Yet.
Most of our big buck kills are during the rut, pre rut, post rut.

001-30.jpg

Forest Grump

The deer in the midwest sure look like they benefit from the corn.

The deer in the Midwest benefit much more from the SOIL that grows the corn than the corn. 6 foot deep topsoil that grows cornstalks 12-14 feet high also supports very nutritious browse plants. And soybeans in the next field over. The corn left standing (not much, except where they want to hunt) is an important food source in their exceptionally harsh, downright miserable winters. There is a significant difference in that vs. a pile of corn or sweet feed that suddenly appears in a Southeastern forest.

jbp84

He Tim,It slipped by me ,sorry about that one .I will email you some info to you tomorrow when I get in the office.

you should consider opening up shop in GA or find a dealer sell your product im sure majority of GON members would love to try your pellet feed.. when i told my gf i was going to order a pallet of your pellet feed she ask if i was nuts i told her i love my deer :D

nickel back

The deer in the Midwest benefit much more from the SOIL that grows the corn than the corn. 6 foot deep topsoil that grows cornstalks 12-14 feet high also supports very nutritious browse plants. And soybeans in the next field over. The corn left standing (not much, except where they want to hunt) is an important food source in their exceptionally harsh, downright miserable winters. There is a significant difference in that vs. a pile of corn or sweet feed that suddenly appears in a Southeastern forest.

very good point that a lot of folks do not look at,the soil is what makes it happen

Dinosaur

I would have to think of an alternative as well if I had to pay $11 a bag for corn. I payed $6 for 50 lb bags last season. Not sure about this year yet, but I hear it will be about the same.

Killdee

How things change and stay the same, deer still eat corn, Wildlife pro is in jail or should be by now!

Forest Grump

I wonder why no one has come out with a probiotic for deer.

They did, 20 years ago: it's called chicory.

How things change and stay the same, deer still eat corn, Wildlife pro is in jail or should be by now!

Yet his points above are valid; you should not feed sweet feed to deer. The molasses & sugars are much more likely to induce rumen acidosis than corn, & very quick to mold, which can be directly toxic. It's 12% protein, not an improvement over good, native forage, much less a food plot.

I'm not defending him, he was in large part a charlatan, apparently; & earned his ban from here before he ran afoul of the law.

Not sure why people resurrect these old threads?

work2play2

Banned again & will band again soon
Very old thread but I saw it on a google search. Whatever happened to this cat? Was he running some sort of scam? Anyone remember what happened?