.223 Afternoon

Jester896

Senior Clown
I came home one evening this week an found a kitchen trash can with brass in it outside the garage about half full.

This morning I pulled the .270 and .300 Win Mag off of the top and headed to a buddy's place to sort, clean, size, and wash.

I had it in the bus pan ready to sort at 11:01. I ran through it as fast as I could. I got about half a 5 gal bucket of .223. Every once and a while I would see an FC or Winchester case. For the most part it was all R-P and pretty clean. It was mixed with WCC 9mm and I got 2-3" in the bottom of a 2 gal bucket. Found 4 more .270 I missed and a handful of .38 SPL.

At 11:55 I fired up the Dillon while my buddy finished lubing cases and started pulling the crank. Last case out at 2:36. I had plenty of hiccups...most from the case feeder but I did have a few primers get stuck on the decap pin and pull them back into the case a little...naturally I had to swag them back in good and tight :D Only smashed 4 cases in all. I emptied the primer catch 2 times. I think it hold about 1K and the 2nd time it wasn't quiet full. Guessing 1900-2100 cases decaped, SB sized, swaged, trimmed, and neck sized again...ready really to load now...not a bad afternoon....probably get them run through the SS media once...or not.

Got them in the cement mixer to clean up and ran some errands. Got them rinsed good and brought them back home to let the fan dry them overnight.

Attachments

• Sorted9.jpg
    Sorted9.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 207
  • Sorted223.jpg
    Sorted223.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 206
  • Dillon.jpg
    Dillon.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 208
  • Mixer.jpg
    Mixer.jpg