Best Card reader..

Triton Mike

Seems like every 5 months my card reader takes a dump. I buy the readers that has a wire and stick into the bottom of your android and you can view/save the images onto your phone? From what I can gather the silver male part on the card reader wire gets bent up and causes the reader not to work? Am I the only one that goes through card readers? Anyone got a fix or a better suggestion. I kinda would like a card viewer but I want the option to be able to save photos in the woods vs swapping out SD cards. More of a convenience thing for me. Any advice?

I use the Stealth Cam card reader that just plugs into your charge port of your phone or tablet. Very small and convenient to carry in your pocket. Works good but sometimes I have to wiggle it to get it to read. Probably cause the plug gets dirty from my pockets.

ishootlittlebucks

I had the same trouble with the ones with a wire. I went to the one without a wire. The one with a usb on one end and a micro sub on the other and a card slot in the side. I get them off of eBay for about a dollar apiece. I buy them 10 or so at a time and put one in each truck and wherever else.

Longhorn 16

I like the one from Apple that I can download to an iPad. Happy with the first six years.

Triton Mike

I will say this don't get that WGI 50.00 + card reader that has a view finder on it. Very hard to see the pics and you have to go through every single pic on the card to get to the end. I use a card reader and plug it into my phone and if i want to save a pic I just swipe the phone screen and it saves it to my phone and I can email it to myself. Only downside of doing this is you may miss some subtle things in the pics that you may not catch in a smaller thumbnail. so swapping cards might be something I might consider in the future $$$

kevincox

Stealth cam reader is still working for me. 3 yrs now I think. The Boneview I had only lasted a yr