Eagle seed soybean

Easygo

Anybody ever tried them? Would deer use them even after frost? Would i still have to plant grains in the fall? Small food plots around 1/2 acre.

Jim Boyd

If u have a fair supply of deer, it is a waste of time - even if u can protect the plots.

As soon as you remove the fence, the beans will be wiped out.

We have a lot of deer - you could throw a pork chop past a hungry wolf before you can grow beans in any field less than about 10+ acres in our area.

Best of luck!!!

PS I do think Eagles are one of the best beans in the business.

12pointer

I agree with Jim Boyd we planted them last year was a waste of money and time deer didn't let them hardly come up , wished we had just spent the money on protein pellets.

Jim Boyd

This was 5-6 years ago but I planted 8 acres or so and not one plant made it to 3” tall.

Great beans but they are a huge draw.

If you are in an area with heavy Ag and u can wait til the agriculture is in and feeding well - you might have a chance (maybe).

At .5 acre, I doubt it tho.

cself

I agree with Jim but if you want to fill up a trail cam and don't mind blowing your money go ahead. My dad plants beans on about 1/2 acre every year and it's usually hard to see a plant after they find it. He enjoys the pictures as much as the hunting and in his mind it keeps them checking his area