catfish?

.243wssm

i just moved to a house with a pond on it that a guy we used to share the pond with (that is now moved out from across the pond)said he stoked it with 300 catfish.but i have only been able to catch 3 out of it .i have tried hotdogs,stinkbait and chicken livers and i cant get them to bite(ive caught 1 off chiken livers and 2 off of hotdogs but none with stinkbait).does anybody know what the reason i cant catch them sould be?or anyone have any advice to catch them?

Lawnmowerman

Well,,,,

Ever heard of "Chicken Nuggets"?,,,::ke:
I've heard they work fairly well on the lil kittys,,,;)

Bugpac

Catch some bream and cut there tail off to...

Hut2

How long ago was it stocked? Could be cause 297 cats have already been taken out. Some ponds will not let cats reproduce the experts claim. I've heard them say if you catch the # you put in you're doing good in ponds. Hopefully this is'nt the case. Bait them with ole soured corn in a fairly deep spot & you'll catch them on just about anything but,my favorite is a big Lousiana pink hooked in the middle or Catalpa worms if u can find some. Good luck.

.243wssm

How long ago was it stocked? Could be cause 297 cats have already been taken out. Some ponds will not let cats reproduce the experts claim. I've heard them say if you catch the # you put in you're doing good in ponds. Hopefully this is'nt the case. Bait them with ole soured corn in a fairly deep spot & you'll catch them on just about anything but,my favorite is a big Lousiana pink hooked in the middle or Catalpa worms if u can find some. Good luck.
i think someone said it was stocked a couple of years ago.and i know there is atleast one flathead but all the ones i have caught were channel cats.i only saw the flat head when i was feeding the bream and he came up.but he wasnt that big.and if it means anything the pond has been droping.it has droped abnout 4 foot since we movied in.

Hut2

If you're using like a floating fish food for a while now & those cats aren't coming up for it ,they're probably not in there anymore. They love that stuff & it doesn't take them long to fiqure u have vittles for them. I hope it turns out good for you. Oh yeah I lived 42 yrs in Fitzgerald

.243wssm

If you're using like a floating fish food for a while now & those cats aren't coming up for it ,they're probably not in there anymore. They love that stuff & it doesn't take them long to fiqure u have vittles for them. I hope it turns out good for you. Oh yeah I lived 42 yrs in Fitzgerald
we moved to douglas a couple of years ago.but we were renting so we got a place and it had the ponds on it.we moved here about a month ago

.243wssm

also when i put the livers in the panty hose when i leave the bait on the bottom for a little while if i reel it back in there wont be but barely anything left in it.and when i look at it there wont be a hole or anything in the pantyhose.anyone know what is causing this?

Sultan of Slime

also when i put the livers in the panty hose when i leave the bait on the bottom for a little while if i reel it back in there wont be but barely anything left in it.and when i look at it there wont be a hole or anything in the pantyhose.anyone know what is causing this?

You should come see me at the GON Blast tomorrow.

BLAW

You should come see me at the GON Blast tomorrow.

Sultan..thats it? Not even a teaser about the recipe...::ke: Nik and I were already talking about when we can make a trip to use what we picked up today.

All kidding aside I would make the trip to the Blast and see him...the recipe really does work. Jettman96 and myself always have the "nuggets" with us when catfishing now.

DS-Xforce

Pond Cats

Try to fish in the shallow end of the lake at night with any kind of worms. Sometimes on a good moon and a clear night you can see wakes from the cats feeding in the shallows. Good luck!

hoochfisher

Banned
throw some catfish feed or dry dog food in the water. if the other guy has been feeding them this way, they will boil the water in a frenzy.

the last pond i fished that was feed, we had to start the frenzy that way. then they would bight just about anything we put on a hook.