Braves in FIRST Place!

Doc_Holliday23

just a rhetorical question, and I'm not taking away from Ripken. I'm a big fan. But here's the question: Do you ever think there was a day during those 2632 games that Ripken felt that whomever his replacement was was a better option than him that day because of some ailment? If he played anyways, then he did it for himself, and not for the betterment of the team.

Because, while I am frustrated to no end about Chipper's injuries I actually think its a very unselfish play to say "you know what, I'm only able to play at 50% today and the guy behind me is the better option." And right now, a 100% Omar Infante is a better option than a 50-75% Chipper.

I'm frustrated with Chipper not because he won't play through pain. I think he plays through pain all of the time. I'm frustrated because I don't think he takes his conditioning seriously enough anymore.

Just my opinion.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Was Kris Medlen AWESOME or WHAT!?!?!

What a game!! I was NOT TOO Happy with Bobby taking him out of the game, because NOONE hit Medlen Hard........a few grounders found some gaps, but that was about it!

Anyway, Great to get another win! Especially against the Dodgers who are also playing really good ball right now!

gsubo

Kris Medlen is a bulldog! Reminds me of Maddux! He's got a swagger about him this year he didn't have last year.

paddlin samurai

In the past Chipper has tried to play thru pain and hurt the team- smart move on his part. I am frustrated too about his injuries but he is mentoring Heyward which is huge.

whitetaco02

Anybody else notice how Glaus won't step on the dirt in between the line and grass on the right field line? Every time he leaves the field to the dug out he hops over it. Anyone else notice it?

Sorry, it is late and I am bored! haha

Last edited:

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
Chipper has an "inflamed ring finger". Are you kidding me???

This man needs to take a lesson from Cal Ripken Jr. on playing through injuries and MAN UP! Wonder how many of these "inflamed fingers" and "strained toes" Ol Rip had during the streak.:banginghe

He just has no drive anymore I guess. :huh: The Braves definately need to decide on what to do at third base next year. I dont know how well another coach is gonna put up with it. Then again..I got a feelin when Bobby goes so will ol Chip.

If they keep Glaus he could play third. Good game tonight although the Dodgers just regained the lead.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Anybody else notice how Klaus won't step on the dirt in between the line and grass on the right field line? Every time he leaves the field to the dug out he hops over it. Anyone else notice it?

Sorry, it is late and I am bored! haha

Actually, that is a very common thing to do for many players, mostly pitchers, but other players also have "Rituals" if you want to call it that. My favorite was Ozzie's Back flip! That was the best!

If they keep Glaus he could play third. Good game tonight although the Dodgers just regained the lead.

You are joking right? Glaus is a HITTER, not even close to being a strong defensive person. Omar can play third, but he does lack the offensive Power that would be typical of a third baseman.

Now, back to last nights loss:banginghe

TOO many Mistakes! BIG mistakes-most notable was Melky getting tossed out at second! It is amazing the game was as close as it was.
J-Hey went 0 for 5 with 5 strike outs, man that was painful:banginghe

KK rebounded after missing his marks by a foot or better early.
O'flerity's(sp) first pitch was also off the mark by way over a foot, which lead to the winning run:banginghe

I have been a big fan of Nate McLouth, but I am ready to SCALD HIM with the 3rd Degree Riot Act! :whip: AND sit him for at least the next game. Not because of his 0 for 4 at bats last night, but because he NEVER even Tries to throw home! This Lack of effort is unacceptable. Yea, I know that the chances of throwing out a taggin Furcal is about .05%, but what if Rafeal was to pull a Hamstring when he took off? What if he tripped on his shoe laces? NO EFFORT especially when noone else is on base, is UNACCEPTABLE!:banginghe

Everyone in our division won, except US and the Marlins who lost to the Mets........Big set back, but hopefully we can rebound tonight-I expect we will!

About the only positive note on last nights game was that we made it as close as we did.........Thanks Yunel!

gsubo

How many more losses before KK is pulled from our rotation??? Its painful to watch the Ls keep piling up for him.

BornToHuntAndFish

After 6 innings, Braves were looking doubtful tonight losing 2 to 0, but in the 7th, Atlanta's bats got hot scoring 7 runs with the score 7 to 2 over the Dodgers in the top of the 8th led by Glaus's Homerun going ahead of Heyward & now Glaus leading the team in HR's. Escobar continues some good hitting after last nite leading the team going 3 for 4 and tonight going 2 for 3 so far, but Infante has 2 hits also right now going 2 for 4.

Box score so far:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/boxscore.jsp?gid=2010_06_05_atlmlb_lanmlb_1

Go Braves!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
How many more losses before KK is pulled from our rotation??? Its painful to watch the Ls keep piling up for him.

When JJ gets back, KK better be gone. Surely Bobby will not take Medlen out of the rotation.::;

BIG WIN tonight over the Dodgers. After lookin pretty rough, a 7 run 7th was awesome. Great to see my man Big Mac get a BIG HIT, less than a foot from going out the opposite way:banana:
Good to see that Kimbrel kid back here too:) Even Manny Ramirez tipped his helmet(sort of) to him after the game winning strike out. That was RESPECT!

Go Braves!!

BornToHuntAndFish

Looks like the Braves had quite a batting rally in today's win with 14 hits. (Also, at least on the road Atlanta split the series with 2 wins with the Dodgers over this last weekend.)

Tuesday, June 8, 2010:

Braves 7, D-backs 5

Box score details:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/boxscore.jsp?gid=2010_06_08_atlmlb_arimlb_1

Hope they can win this series on the road over Arizona.

DSGB

Left a lot of guys on base, but still got it done. Props to Medlen for his all-around effort!

BornToHuntAndFish

Bummers of a loss for the Braves. Wish they would've saved some from last nite to win today. Hope they at least split the series with a final Atlanta game win. Too bad again for KK gonna have to wait to pitch & try to win his 1st game another day.

Box score:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/boxscore.jsp?gid=2010_06_09_atlmlb_arimlb_1

Wednesday, June 9, 2010:

D-backs 2, Braves 1

At least it was close.

Last edited:

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Yea it was definitely a tough loss..........Gotta love Kelly Johnsons performance against his old team. I was rootin for him every at bat, I always liked him. He is a tough ball player.

Hope Nate is ok, maybe this will get him turned around:confused:

DSGB

First home run allowed by Moylan since March 30, 2008. :rolleyes:

emusmacker

Chipper mentoring Heyward, uh oh Heyward is becoming an injury waiting to sit out.

If Infante is that much than Chipper, why even start Chippy, let the best player play! PERIOD