Razorback Ridge Hog Hunting Preserve

huntemwfo

I would say "Go For It" i support the idea of it 100%, i live about 1 1/2 to 2 hours away from there and would love to have some where close like that to hunt when deer season is open... i could even help out on weekends if needed, i could help guide or whatever is needed... i would be honored to lend my time and dogs to help

Thanks Carolina Diesel. We can talk about it when I come check out your dog. Got a hog and would like to see her work.

wozbean

I live in Gwinnett and would like to hunt somewhere local (hogs). I am NOT a big hunter but my father (who lives in Ohio) told me he would like to hog hunt before he gets to old (he's in his 60's now). If I bring him down I would like to also bring my 2 brothers and maybe an uncle. So I am sort of looking for somewhere to go. I envision a cabin for over night stay and land to hunt, pretty simple.

Go for it. If you don't enjoy your job you shouldn't be doing it. It sounds like you would enjoy it.

huntemwfo

I live in Gwinnett and would like to hunt somewhere local (hogs). I am NOT a big hunter but my father (who lives in Ohio) told me he would like to hog hunt before he gets to old (he's in his 60's now). If I bring him down I would like to also bring my 2 brothers and maybe an uncle. So I am sort of looking for somewhere to go. I envision a cabin for over night stay and land to hunt, pretty simple.

Go for it. If you don't enjoy your job you shouldn't be doing it. It sounds like you would enjoy it.

I hope I can work this out and invite you and your family to hunt with me soon. This has been my dream all my life. I have been taking people hunting for years and I get just as excited as they do. I would love to help special needs people and kids get into the sport of hunting as well giving all others a hunting experience of a lifetime, not just rushing hunters through for the kill to collect their $.

if that big hog on your avatar is on your land i would say you got a good start already

SAhunter

200ac is plenty of land. There will always be someone who is envious of what you want to do. We have taken celebs on less than 200ac before and been successful. It is a lot tougher to kill that old smart sow or boar if you do with a bow or pistol stalking them than with dogs. It all depends on how you run your outfit. Best of luck, let me know if you need any suggestions.

huntemwfo

if that big hog on your avatar is on your land i would say you got a good start already

Yeah never caught him. Maybe he'll make it through the gun season and I get to try him again. Got on him a few times but didn't have a strike dog that could keep him bay till my bulldog got there. But I hope you have got me fixed up. See you this weekend.

huntemwfo

200ac is plenty of land. There will always be someone who is envious of what you want to do. We have taken celebs on less than 200ac before and been successful. It is a lot tougher to kill that old smart sow or boar if you do with a bow or pistol stalking them than with dogs. It all depends on how you run your outfit. Best of luck, let me know if you need any suggestions.

Thanks, I'm sure Ill be calling for sugestions soon,

Yeah never caught him. Maybe he'll make it through the gun season and I get to try him again. Got on him a few times but didn't have a strike dog that could keep him bay till my bulldog got there. But I hope you have got me fixed up. See you this weekend.

Come on down and bring a deep wallet....everything i got is forsale for the right price, except my wifes weiner dog. I will put him on a hog when you get here to show him :bounce: but he is not forsale... so dont even ask:banginghe

huntemwfo

PM me your number if you don't mind. I would like to talk to you since you have worked with this before.

huntemwfo

Need a few different people or places to aquire good hogs after I get my permits for transporting them. Anyone have any info?

I work full time at a hog hunting preserve, and i dont mind giving you any tips on any thing. pm me if you have any questions.

reno

Good luck! if you need any help give me a PM

boarman1

If you need any more info send me a Pm. I had pure european boars and know the rules on getting the boars you need. You can not have any sows on the property just so you know.

Darrenmd

I am in Gwinnett .... let me know when you are open....

huntemwfo

Talked to Ga. dept. of agg. today and will be getting my permits monday for stocking hogs. Ordered materials today for the fence. After the fence is completed I will need to be stocking hogs. Then hunting begins!:shoot:

BuckBoy

From a business perspective...good luck. While I do not agree that animals should be fenced in then shot for sport I commend anyone willing to start a business in today's economy plus given the economic forcast for the next few years.

You will need about 14,000 feet of woven wire fence. Cost per foot for wire and installation was $1.51 back in '05. That was before fuel started going up but it will get you in the ballpark. So the cost for the fence will be about $21,000. Boar hogs will cost a min of $100 each plus transportation. You are going to need at least 100. Thats another $10,000 - $15,000. Now you have $30k - $40k into it BEFORE you sell the first hunt. Additional expense will be website design, advertising, insurance, guides, carrying cost, lic, ....

52 weeks per year but take out June - Aug as no one is going to want to hunt hogs in 90 degrees. Also Nov/Dec will be slow due to deer season and the holidays. So really 7 good months. How many hunts can you sell each month? I'm guessing you can clear maybe $150 per hunt. That means you will need to sell 266 hunts before you get your capital back. Oh and btw you haven't taken any money for yourself yet.

Given the fact that people can hunt them through GA for almost free and that there is SUBSTANTIAL competition.... I wish you luck.

Latest posts