BIG 6Pt

bulldawgborn

I think he will gross above 120"

RedHeader

I'd agree that he'll gross 120 and he's an old deer too. Something about big 6's, clean and simple. I've seen a few good ones up in the mountains over the years but none like that. Few years ago we found 2 stud 6 points that got tangled up fighting and died. My in laws have the heads, I'll try and find them and get a picture.

jbogg

White County Six

Here is my best six from White county a few years ago. The one you have on camera is wider with longer times. Beautiful deer. Good luck with him.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    177.9 KB · Views: 4,821

whitetailfreak

All the numbers make my head hurt, but man oh man what a dandy. I'd be tickled with that buck.

Last edited:

RedHeader

Whitetailfreak, didn't you kill an old 6pt a few years ago? For some reason I thought I remembered that thread.

Here's that photo of the two 6pts locked up. Its fun to watch the kids (and the grown men) try and separate them. Still hasn't been done.

Attachments

• IMG_0552.jpg
    IMG_0552.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 1,511

whitetailfreak

Whitetailfreak, didn't you kill an old 6pt a few years ago? For some reason I thought I remembered that thread.

Here's that photo of the two 6pts locked up. Its fun to watch the kids (and the grown men) try and separate them. Still hasn't been done.

Bittercold December morning on Cohutta 2010

Attachments

• 088.jpg
    088.jpg
    192.4 KB · Views: 1,398

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
Nice buck.

Unfortunately it's not a legal buck in the county I hunt :banginghe

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Antler restrictions make no sense to me, when you can't shoot a buck like that, but can shoot a basket-rack year-old 8-pointer.

RedHeader

Yeah, I'm not a big fan of antler restrictions either, but I do see the purpose behind them. These deer are the exceptions, you don't see many old 6pts. Which is one reason they intrigue me.

Good luck with this deer and let us know if you get him.

GTHunter007

He's easy into the mid 120s.

He'd be pushing 150" as an 8 pt if he had G3s to match. Stud of a buck.

Broken Tine

That's a BIG six. Cool.