Jarrett Rifles............

deers2ward

You Get What You Pay For

Would like to see another rifle maker who openly advertises/offers this to potential customers:

"...Each Wind Walker also receives our thorough break-in and exacting custom load development. You’ll receive 20 rounds of that ammunition, plus the last three targets it shot. Your Wind Walker comes with our Jarrett Guarantee: use and inspect your rifle for 30 days. If you’re not pleased, send the rifle back for a full refund...."

http://www.jarrettrifles.com/wind-walker.html

Jester896

Senior Clown
yes...nothing short of phenomenal

just saying...for the people that can't outlay that...how phenomenal would it be to get something with the same accuracy guarantee for only half the price...not that you would send either back...imagine the funds you would have left for the scope :D

I almost bought this one...but it was loud as bajesus...light too...felt like a .223 when it broke

Attachments

• Jarrett.jpg
    Jarrett.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 266
  • Brake.jpg
    Brake.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 271

rmp

I've noticed quite a few statements involving "all day long" groups. All day long tells me this isn't an overall average. It's essentially a guarantee on a group every single time.
Is it safe to extrapolate from these statements that these rifles are shooting under 1" of vertical at 400 yards and under 2" of vertical at 800 yards, etc every single time?
I'm not knocking on Jarrett or any other builder. Just curiosity. I have a Whidden now and a Beanland in the works.

Last edited:

Jester896

Senior Clown
Whidden makes mighty fine sticks. We use his meplat equipment some.

you are correct...my .308 opens after 50-60 rounds. If you bring cleaning items you can get right back in it :)

rmp

Thanks Jester. Whidden knows what he's doing no doubt.

I don't think 1/2 MOA is far fetched anyway. You are correct in that things have come a long way. Numerous manufacturers guarantee 1/2 MOA rifles and some even less. Not that I would have the opportunity to hold their feet to the fire as I know I'm the weakest link.
I'm just a bit skeptical when someone makes an "all day long" claim as I've apparently been some sort of bad mojo when it's time for folks to prove it. Other facets of life however. X mile a minute back when I was running or Y MPG on that new truck.

Come to think of it, I don't even know the last time I shot a scoped rifle as close as 100 yards.

Jester896

Senior Clown
Come to think of it, I don't even know the last time I shot a scoped rifle as close as 100 yards.

I understand that it seems. I have DOPE for my .308 from 100 out to 1K. Funny thing though...I only have DOPE for my LR .260 from 500 out. And the occasional zero confirmation. It is a work in progress for the most part and is actually coming along nicely.

Many things come into play in "all day long"... mojo is certainly one of them. Some days there is mo...some there is just jo....I really like it when they both come to play.

releehweoj

My last 280AI is a sight to behold. She is made on Jarrett's action using his in-house made barrels. My last sight in group before deer season was 0.135" for 5 shots. A mid-season verification one afternoon gave me a 0.081" 4 shot group. All were at 100 yards.

I'd guess that 90-95% of us could not hold to a group like those no matter what we were shooting or what kind of rest we use.

gentleman,again if you do your research there are many gunsmiths in this country who can build a rifle on the best quality components available.nothing wrong with a jarrett.you are paying for a rifle based on name and that alone.i personally own rifles built by other smiths that have benchrest hall of fame induction that are just as accurate or more and balance perfectly for hunting with quality and attention to detail that is as good as you will find.granted I am 60 years of age and been around the shooting and hunting game a long time.again no flies on a jarrett but jim borden,greg tannell,clay spencer,robert gradous,mike Bryant,billy stevens and others can equal a jarrett for less and some for much less.if you want a Winchester done right by a expert in any metalwork or machining equal to darcy echols or gene simillion for less money than mark penrod is off the charts phenominal and I believe still less than a jarrett.do your research.good hunting and enjoy our outdoors and heritage.who knows in this cockeyed political world how long it will last

Klondike

Custom Rifles

I have one custom rifle in 257 WBY and it is the nicest rifle I own. It definitely has the confidence factor.

I can afford custom rifles but I balk at buying more because I own several savages, where I have added Timney triggers and McMillan stocks (after accuracy confirmation on barreled action) that 50% of the time are less than .5 MOA with five shot groups, not 3.

When you can buy a savage model 12 FV once per year for $270, add an XLR chassis or Macmillan stock at Thanksgiving for $425, and a Timney trigger you have an amazing sub $850 bench /blind rifle.

We live in an amazing time for accurate and cheaper bolt action rifles