Off brand boardhead

catch22

Heres how I look at broadheads (not that you asked). LOL

I dont make a bunch of money, and Im certainly not rich....but I may shoot 2-3 animals a year with my bow. I never have reused a broadhead and I never will. If I was a die hard bow guy and was shooting a dozen animals a year, then I might consider it, but I'll sacrifice $40 a year on the 3 animals I shoot each year knowing that the broadhead isnt damaged or dull.

I know others on here who will use a head over and over and have success doing so.....its just not me.

So back to your original question....I buy premium broadheads (namebrand) because I never want to question whether or not the issue was with my equipment. And I certainly dont want to be in the stand when a big ol buck walks out asking myself if the knock off head from china is going to work?

sorry and thanks for letting me vent LOL

goshenmountainman

I have been shooting the china rage hypodermics for 3 years, shoots exactly the same and the weight variance between them all are less than the last three real rages I bought. They work flawlessly and have killed every animal I have shot. Well worth the money I have saved and I have about 80 of them bought up to use for the next few years. They have worked on everything from hogs, bears, and whitetails without any problems.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
I’ve used them a couple seasons and have no complaints !

Hillbilly stalker

I believe rage started in the U.S, but are made in china also now. Hard to believe they would have separate factories for the 2. Having confidence in your gear is worth a lot tho.

GregoryB.

I must be the only person that got a bad China Dermic. Shot one at a deer and shot under it. The very tip stuck in a root above ground maybe 1/8 in penetration and both blades fell out. Threw the other 11 in the garbage. Decided to stick with my Grim Reaper Hybrids. Shot a tree last year and buried the head up to the mechanical blades and it was still straight after being dug out.

Last edited:
I must be the only person that got a bad China Dermic. Shot one at a deer and shot under it. The very tip stuck in a root above ground maybe 1/8 in penetration and both blades fell out. Threw the other 11 in the garbage. Decided to stick with my Grim Reaper Hybrids. Shot a tree last year and buried the head up to the mechanical blades and it was still straight after being dug out.

So you missed a deer and blame the broadhead breaking when it hit the ground? :smash:

Then you shoot a tree with a COMPLETELY different head and get different results. What did you expect?

I wish you would have sent me the other 11 heads you threw away so I could have killed 11 animals. :pop:

If you would actually hit a deer I think the results would have been a little different. Sounds like you really need to switch back to cheaper heads and use the spare money for accuracy lessons :yawn:

China dermics all the way!

DEERFU

I have only tried the hypo knock offs and they seem fine to me. Just spin test to be sure. Changed out the shock collar to the stiffer red one that rage now supplys and all is well for the crossbow

GregoryB.

I did try the knock off Magnus Stingers with the serrated blades off EBay also. They flew like the originals but the blades seemed to be a different metal and didn’t sharpen as easily.

goshenmountainman

hypodermic

Does anyone have a link to the knock off Rages?
Just get on ebay and search hypodermic broadheads, it will pop right up. Just tried and I cant find them anywhere on there, Rage probably stopped them from selling. So they could shaft us americans some more. Ok, just get on amazon and search for Mokasi 12 pcs. archery official slip cam broadheads. They are on there, just looked them up.

Last edited:

deast1988

Rage started a law suit last year about intellectual property against ebay. They won this lawsuit gives border patrol the ability to seize merchandise that’s illegal. Up to that point you could easily get them I have 40ish 125gr hypo knockoffs. My buddy buys the mokasi heads off amazon he’s 3 for 3 with those but they cost more the the ebay Heads. I’ve seen 5 deer fall in sight to fake rages. No complaints, I wouldn’t recommend them for crossbows just Incase the extra speed and energy does something off.

Up to this point I’ve seen all these knockoffs.
Rage original
3 blade
Extreme
Hypodermic
Magnus
Ram Cat
Helix
Toxic
DRT

The YouTube videos show that most cases these don’t do anything different other then save some major money. In some cases they could be factory seconds. I think I got 90¢ in a head, compared to a 3pack of hypo being almost $50.

Folks will bash saying China made products, but the companies already let China make the products that’s not money in US factories. I use one on a critter then trash and reload another fresh head. Save money shoot knockoffs.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Just search broadheads on eBay and u will see them, they find a way around rage , they just use a different name