Guide 119 Seat Mod

EJC

If you've got a 119 you've probabaly seen something similar to this. Here's my version of a seat mod using material I already had. Also raised a bit and close to center. I'm not done yet though, still going to install padded seat with backrest, just need to decide which one.

Let me know if you've done anything similar with your setup, likes / dislikes ect. I've spent enough time in the stock seat on the 119 to know I didn't really like it. To me that's where the 119 shines, you can modify the boat to suit your needs very easily.

Attachments

• IMG_2787.jpg
    IMG_2787.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 384
Looks like you moved the seat forward the width of the seat brackets. I have seen that before and the guy used a canoe seat with a back rest. He said the boat was more stable too. Let us know how it performs.

Bream Pole

I had the tempress seat at one time and it was comfortable, but I didn't like the weight addition and i also had the other seat you mentioned but the model I had didn't have a means of fixing it to a swivel and it wasn't very comfortable which is why I ultimately went with the canoe seat I mentioned in my first response. In fact I have that seat on a 10 ft jon boat as we speak. I velcroed a dicks sporting goods stadium seat cushion to the back and its all I need. The dicks cushion puts the seat a little more into my back for support.

EJC

Thanks for the feedback. Ended up with a sitbacker first, still need to try it out on the water. Like I said, comfort is my main concern, so if this doesn't cut it I'll try some other mentioned seats.

Attachments

• IMG_2798.jpg
    IMG_2798.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 237